• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much OA do you have?

51 posts in this topic

I'll have 9 pieces in about 1 week. I already feel like that's too many. :eek: I've sworn off panel pages, I was going to make a few exceptions but won't even do that for a long time. My other rule is if I see a piece I want but during the course of thinking it over I say "I could use this as trade bait down the line" I'll pass over it if there is something else I really want too...which there always seems to be. Obviously if I'm willing to sacrifice to trade before even buying it. it's more of an impulse buy then "I'd like to see that piece of art everyday in my house.

I'm actually trying to pare down and focus more on quality rather than quantity.

It's not easy as there is so much art out there ..... just calling out to me ...... buy me ... buy me ..... :insane:

having been out of the art game for 4 or 5 years and then coming back, this has been my response. After a couple decades of amassing stuff that we liked, 2 years ago Sarah and I started a concerted effort to pare down our collection to the cream of the crop. To the stuff that really spoke to us and had real meaning and love of the work. The first few sales were kind of tough, not because we had never sold art before (I've always sold or traded pieces off here and there) but because we've only really kept things we loved. We just had to narrow it down to the REAL jems for us. Once we let a few go, it was surprisingly easy how some pieces we never thought we'd let go of were to actually cut loose.

It also freed up a bunch of cash to make some home improvements, frame up the jems and even pick up a few more pieces we never though we could swing before. The treasure has been framing art and having the pleasure of seeing the work every day in casual passing. A very rewarding experience.

-e.