• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning bidder of my Spidy Platnum in 9.8 Claims Shill

62 posts in this topic

I know topnotch has a good track record but this is really fishy. First, it was a private sale(which he "never" does), then the book sold for almost double the last sale and this is shortly after the large amount of Plats have been floating around via Neatstuff. Adding that the second chance offer was not accepted by the second bidder and this book is shown as sold on CLink now, I would have to agree it looks like shilling.

Now the final bidder shouldn't have bid 2002.00 if they didn't plan on paying. Can't argue that but this isn't a 2k book. On top of that, some people have been shilling the 9.6's & 9.4's on the market to unload them. Its very shady. 9.4's have been selling for more than 9.6's. Now is not a good time to buy these books IMO.

Now is not a good time to buy these books IMO.

I have never been fond of "manufactured collectibles" like this. Having said that, it is uncommmon compared to the millions of non-variant editions. If you like the book, buy it, and in the best condition you can afford. (thumbs u

That's advice I wish I had followed over my years of collecting lower grade copies of various titles. Just not this one.