• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning bidder of my Spidy Platnum in 9.8 Claims Shill

62 posts in this topic

the question is after his fit would he really want to risk sending it to him?.. Next he will be complaining in neg about how the book is not in described shape

Ah , Question , ..I don't believe it's the platinum , nor the

silver , but ..........what is the "black" copy that is is bagged , w/ the price on the bag , , yet doesn't have the price on the actual book.... It is different than the other 20 copies that I have ?...................BH.. (shrug)(shrug)

scan0001.jpg

Is that why the winner thinks it's fixed? Because his bid was exactly $1 higher than the 2nd bid and not the normal increment?

Which would indicate TO HIM that someone underbid his max bid by exactly one dollar so as to extract the maximum amount of cash from him.

So I can see why he might see that...

If you send him the bidding list, he would be able to see the bidders and this matter might be solved without having to file an NPB. (shrug)

Sure, but if you don't think someone might try to bid $2001, why make it $2002? Seems like the buyer took that into account. Often bidders tack on a little over the rounded off number to avoid a tie with the previous bidder. And unless a person overbid, then retracted it, how would anyone know that $2,002 was the amount placed in? If he had made a normal $2,000 bid, it seems he wouldn't feel slighted.

Seems like buyer's remorse more than any true concern. Heck, half the stuff I won on CLink this week was at exactly my high bid. That doesn't mean I should get to decide I really didn't want that run of Wambi Boy after all.

the question is after his fit would he really want to risk sending it to him?.. Next he will be complaining in neg about how the book is not in described shape

silver , but ..........what is the "black" copy that is is bagged , w/ the price on the bag , , yet doesn't have the price on the actual book.... It is different than the other 20 copies that I have ?...................BH.. (shrug)(shrug)

scan0001.jpg

That's the one , Shooty ...

So , are we filthy , dirty rich ?............................BH

scan0001.jpg

If that one copy makes you filthy dirty rich, Hooks, then I am rocking out at about 40x filthy dirty rich. Time to retire. :banana:

BTW , I thought that that might be my one book w/ a chance @ 9.8 , but had CGC look at it at the Wizard Con , and they showed me how the bag makes an indention on the back , and gave it about a 7 - 8.0 ! :o:o .............BH

scan0001.jpg

If that one copy makes you filthy dirty rich, Hooks, then I am rocking out at about 40x filthy dirty rich. Time to retire. :banana:

Nope ! Your just dirty and filthy , Sean ........... :whistle: .............................BH

comix_geek

Add this loser to your blocked bidder list, he's not even man enough to admit he doesn't have the money. The book will find a happy home with another collector for the same price.

Dear topnotchcomics,

Pass on the second chance offer. Again, I'm refusing to pay and still beleive it to be shill bidding. Its almost 100% the cost of the previous ebay sale of this book. Do not contact me further via email or phone as I will consider it electronic harrasment.

- comix_geek

comix_geek

Add this loser to your blocked bidder list, he's not even man enough to admit he doesn't have the money. The book will find a happy home with another collector for the same price.

Dear topnotchcomics,

Pass on the second chance offer. Again, I'm refusing to pay and still beleive it to be shill bidding. Its almost 100% the cost of the previous ebay sale of this book. Do not contact me further via email or phone as I will consider it electronic harrasment.

- comix_geek

File as a NPB and leave neg. I hate insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

What a !!

Why did he bid so high in the first place?

Nail his azz....... :mad:

Yeah , I'm pretty laid back , but that guy's a lame arss pencil penil nut !......................... (whatever that is ?) ...But I'll assist you any way I can ? ...............BH

comix_geek

Dear topnotchcomics,

- comix_geek

Can a seller leave a neg after tomorrow?

comix_geek

Dear topnotchcomics,

- comix_geek

Can a seller leave a neg after tomorrow?

Yup cause the auction was started befiore dead line

comix_geek

Dear topnotchcomics,

- comix_geek

contact him via ebay private msg just for kicks :golfclap: its not phone nor email

comix_geek

Dear topnotchcomics,

- comix_geek

contact him via ebay private msg just for kicks :golfclap: its not phone nor email

If his email magically appeared somewhere and people asked him why he didn't pay I wonder what would happen

comix_geek

Dear topnotchcomics,

- comix_geek

Send him a message anyway :)

Send him the message through ebay. You're using ebay to sell your item and he bid on it so let him state that he's not paying for your item through ebay and just forward that email to Customer Service when you file the NPB. I can't see how ebay would even allow a negative feedback to be left by the bidder if they refuse to pay.

Send him the message through ebay. You're using ebay to sell your item and he bid on it so let him state that he's not paying for your item through ebay and just forward that email to Customer Service when you file the NPB. I can't see how ebay would even allow a negative feedback to be left by the bidder if they refuse to pay.

No joke - it doesn't matter what his rationale is, the fact that he wrote you an email where he states that he's refusing to pay is enough to make sure that eBay will rule squarely in your favor.

What a *spoon*.