• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Auctions UK PROBLEMS

33 posts in this topic

Galactus - John said (on Saturday) my payment had been sent on the 17th, which I think tallied with your earlier post. He could tell from my answerphone message of a few days earlier that I was pretty peeved. Their was a mart in London on the Sunday and he was meeting someone there who lives close to me and he asked him to drop a replacement cheque round as a favour. This was done with the understanding that I wouldn't cash the original cheque if/when it arrives (which I won't). I had sympathy with the strike situation, but against that I felt I should have received payment a month earlier anyway. It got resolved though and that's the main thing.

Gpcove, sorry but now i'm a really confused. Why do you believe you should have got your cheque a month earlier? As far as i'm aware (and i know a few consigners who all have the same arrangement), all consigners are paid 4-5 weeks after close of auction - to allow for all payments to come through.

Given that the last auction closed begining of September, any payments were due at/around the 9th of October. Yes the payments went out late (1 week) but it seems to me that you either believe you should get preferential treatment over the rest of us, or you have made a mistake in which case you should apologise to Vault for some of the contents of your posts (Like Comicmankev has just done).

Seems like most of John's recent hassles were down to communication problems and events beyond his control. Apparently, the heresay that came with it was nothing more than that - groundless speculation. Possibly John could have handled things slightly better, but I've no doubt he'll came back stronger because of it and that the business will continue to grow and prosper.

We have a five figure sterling relationship between us over the last few years and I'm sure that will also grow. In fact, if some of these US players drop out of the equation then I'm sure they'll be bargains a'plenty for us folks here in Europe !!!

Thanks - you evil gator! Since I live down here in the middle of all of them, don't you think I have seen that gator face enough already? At least we didn't get spanked like the might Hurricanes - we just choke about every time this year. At least I can feel a little better knowing that it is a very long shot that the Gators will take the SEC.

Final update! Received all my books yesterday at long last. Apparently the folks at Vault were in the middle of a big move and that led to some communication problems. Ended up paying about $300 more for the books due to currency rate changes over time but was glad to get these books - especially the JiM 91 9.2! Thanks to those who helped me get in touch with Vault as that seemed to work much better than my emails.

Happy you finally got your books even though you ended up paying more...

The currency exchange value seems a logical explanation, but I'm wondering if anybody has ever had to pay the Vault LESS than the expected sum due to the currency exchange value swinging the other way ?

Not saying that they are not on the level, I know it's for real as experience the exchange fluctuation on a daily basis,but there are also days where it works out better for me....(regular eBay sales/purchases)

Cuts both ways. I made a paypal payment to a US dealer a few months ago that cost me £900 at the time. Within the month the exchange rate had changed sufficiently that if I'd paid then, it would have cost me £850. That was a difference between 1.56 and 1.65 which hardly looks big.