• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 / eBay seller Lexerific

23 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290231498890&fromMakeTrack=true

Any opinions on this seller? Considering pulling the trigger on this, although the couple of negs (2 out of 116) seem significant as they are grade/resto-related.

My track record being what it is, I am very hesitant about non-CGC, but if anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

PS: I bet many of you saw my name attached to eBay & AF15 post and thought, "that insufficiently_thoughtful_person got nailed AGAIN?" Not yet, hahah...

Please note that the only forms of payment I accept are money orders and checks so please bid accordingly.

:eek:

I'd recommend not bidding at all. Under any circumstances.

Seconded. You'd be a crazy-pants to bid on this one.

Seconded. You'd be a crazy-pants to bid on this one.

Oh, I'm a crazy pants already. But at least I've finally learned to run these things by people who know better, and have learned a few new things to be aware of. Thanks for everyone's input!

NO PAYPAL......Thats never a good sign.

this book has been listed before..i had asked several questions...cant remember what he said or what i asked..but i think it was resto questions....if i were you,i'd ask some serious q's to him....something didnt seem right last time,so i skipped the book.think there's amature resto on the spine by the 12...

That's a very good point FT, thanks.

Hertfordshire eh? Beautiful area, I did a summer there at Middlesex Polytechnic, studying under artist/designers Neville Brody, Russell Mills and Ralph Steadman.

Yeah, it certainly is. We've got a place down on the Grand Union in Kings Langley. :cloud9:

Here's the thing: I PM'd this person when I was looking a picking up a copy (was going to make an offer), but wanted to know why they wouldn't take PP. They responded that they would take PP, but it was a mistake in the listing, and too late to fix it. This is interesting considering that PP only offers buyer protection up to $200 on items purchased from buyers with a feedback % lower than 98.5-99% (I don't remember the exact number, but it's higher than 97%!!!) AND they need to be higher than around 4.5 stars w/ over 50 sales.

So... this person could take my $$$$ and I'd only be able to get $200 back with the rest in their pocket. Needless to say, I backed away (and none too slowly).

Moral of the story: Do a little homework, save a lot of money, and avoid this like the clap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290231498890&fromMakeTrack=true

Any opinions on this seller? Considering pulling the trigger on this, although the couple of negs (2 out of 116) seem significant as they are grade/resto-related.

My track record being what it is, I am very hesitant about non-CGC, but if anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

PS: I bet many of you saw my name attached to eBay & AF15 post and thought, "that insufficiently_thoughtful_person got nailed AGAIN?" Not yet, hahah...

How many times must we go through this, private ID, no PP, only thing he has sold in the recent past is VIDEO GAMES and VIDEOS. Doesn't anybody read these threads about the same auction style seen over and over again.

IF it's too good to be true, it probably is.

and doesn't the name LEX ring a bell to some of you posters?

doh!

How many times must we go through this,

I'm learning my eBay lessons the hard way, but even though I recognized this as likely a bad deal, I figured I'd throw it out there. If a few people said "I know this guy he's ok" I might have landed a grail.

Unlikely, sure, but to me that's worth asking about.

Yeah I'd say your money would be more secure if you put it all on Big Brown to win the Belmont stakes.

You'd be better off placing Big Brown.Both bets will pay $2.10 if he wins.

Look at this picture;

cfd5_1.JPG

Ask yourself, "Self, why would he stage this photo in such a way as to cut off completely the lower third of the inside cover/first page? What possible list of motives would there be to do such a thing and would an intelligent individual do so without at least cropping the right hand side of the image so that it didn't look 100% scamtastic?"

Only a fool, someone with an extra one and a half large just laying around or someone with a high risk tolerance that borders on the delusional would bid on this book