• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail Acquired....

48 posts in this topic

While it's not exactly what I was searching for I just couldn't resist passing this one up.

On top of it all it was my 1st Heritage auction...I'm still trying to get past the whole 20% premium :pullhair:

But then again I got my grail :cloud9:

I can't tell you how nerve racking it is to watch a live auction while your at work and actually win....So I'm here to share my excitement with my fellow forumites.

Now for the details.... :insane:

The Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Marvel, 1963) CGC Apparent VF 8.0 Slight (P) White pages. This book's Overstreet values went up by about 20% in all grades in the newest Guide, and this continues to be an issue that's on almost everyone's want list. This issue has the first Fantastic Four crossover and the first appearances of John Jameson, J. Jonah Jameson, and the Chameleon. Steve Ditko drew the cover over Jack Kirby layouts and handled all of the interior art. Overstreet 2008 GD 2.0 value = $1,250; VG 4.0 value = $2,500; FN 6.0 value = $3,750; VF 8.0 value = $11,000. From the Kylberg Collection.

th_ASM1_CGC80_LG1.jpgth_ASM1_CGC80_LG1B.jpg

High Res Images uploaded :)

I can't see the link. What did you pay?

R.

lol

I sent you the scans.

This is the most expensive book that I own :eek:

Another 4 figure purchase... :whistle:

Congrats Count! I'm pretty jelous!

Nice pick up!

(Although that Buyer's Premium stinks, huh?)

It does. But I did take the premium into account so I didn't over extend myself :devil:

I stayed right on budget :whistle:

I can't see the link. What did you pay?

R.

lol

I sent you the scans.

This is the most expensive book that I own :eek:

Another 4 figure purchase... :whistle:

It gets addictive.

That is a very sweet book for a nice price IMO.

:golfclap:

I think I won by $1 lol

I was kinda embarrassed...it was funny to hear the live auction when the auctioner ...um...paused...

THREE THOUSAND AND........ONE DOLLAR???... :devil:

:roflmao:

I entered my proxy bid a few minutes before the internet bidding ended and my max was 3001 which became the bid immediately.

Either way I'm siked :banana:

Anyone know how long it will take Heritage to get this out once paid for?

Presents great! Have you spotted where all the resto is yet? Grats :applause:

I tried but can really see it. I downloaded the large scans and inverted the color but nothing. :shrug:

I think I won by $1 lol

I was kinda embarrassed...it was funny to hear the live auction when the auctioner ...um...paused...

THREE THOUSAND AND........ONE DOLLAR???... :devil:

:roflmao:

I entered my proxy bid a few minutes before the internet bidding ended and my max was 3001 which became the bid immediately.

Either way I'm siked :banana:

Anyone know how long it will take Heritage to get this out once paid for?

Congrats on the book. I've been pretty lucky w/ my Heritage purchases arriving in about 3-5 days following the completion of the entire auction. Probably also depends on how far you live from Texas ;)