• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Wonder Woman #2

12 posts in this topic

Wow! Beautiful book you don't see that often, especially in that grade. I'd say VF, 8.0, based on spine wear, upper back cover and what looks like marks in upper right hand corner of cover. If lower staple is popped I'd downgrade it to about a 6.0. Welcome to the Boards!

Thank You on the Welcome.. The staples are not popped, the biggest thing is the slight roll in the spine. I am no expert (thats why I am here) but it is best to not mess with it and grade it out as is correct?? I assume I would do more damage to it if I even attempted to correct it. My father passed and we found several boxes of is Golden age comics.

By all means, do not try to "correct" the spine roll yourself. My impression is the roll is very minor. I'm agreeing with the 8.0. Originally I though higher but the back cover at the top brings it down.

This is a serious book that I would have graded if you intend to sell. It's worth it for the restoration check by CGC that will get you a higher price when you sell. Otherwise, :takeit:

Sorry about your father. The comic could possibly be pressed to remove the spine roll. CGC recommends a company called Classics Incorporated for this type of service. Their contact information is in the FAQ section: Link.