• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I post pics in here?

13 posts in this topic

Okay, here's where I reveal to all that I'm a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person...

If I try to scan at 75% of actual size, to get under 150,000 bytes I have to scan at 33 dpi. When I do that, I end up with an image too small to show any detail.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Jeff 893frustrated.gif

You can choose "resize" of the image in the image scanning software. Either that or you can reduce the scan quality but I think reducing the size would be the lesser evil of the two. It's the diff between it being fuzzy or small.

Brian

i had that problem for awhile, do you have any software that resizes images? you can scan at 150dpi at 50%, then resize the image with adobe photoshop or ACDSEE foto canvas that you can DL for free. laugh.gif im sure some others on here will pipe up and help you out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I appreciate the help guys. Here are the details...

My scanning software is Paperport, but I don't see a resizing function.

Would any of these programs be helpful?

Corel Print & Photo House

Microsoft Picture It

Photo Fun

Photostacker Pro

Print Shop 6.0

Microsoft Powerpoint

Frontpage

HP Photosmart

I'm familiar with paperport and your right. You can't re-size it. What I did with a scanned image, I put it into a Corel 7 art program. So, my suspicion is you need to transport the scanned image into a program, any program that will allow you to re-size it. Maybe the Corel one you mentioned?

Okay guys, I dragged the pic into Coral and was able to make it bigger, but the image quality suffered dramatically.

I think I can make this work if I can figure out how to tell Paperport(my scanning software) to scan at 75. Right now my choices are 200 dpi and 100 dpi which are both too big, and 33 which is too small. I just don't see how to configure it to scan at 75 dpi.

Any thoughts?

My wife loves IRFANVIEW too!

I use Corel Photo House to resize pics; scan initially at 200 dpi; trimming the scan area to just include the comic - no white area around it. Then I click on prepare image for internet (bottom choice in Corel photo house). Then you can use the sliding scale to get it under the right # of KB to post on here as an attachment..

frown.gif Sorry about that...my corel apps were part of a software pak that came with my hp scanjet4300c which I bought 2 years ago around X-mas time...I'm sure the app has evolved way beyond my dated copy...but it still works so I'm thrilled with it!