• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Lady 17

11 posts in this topic

hi,

traded this book some years ago against some other books i can't remember anymore. but it was a good trade and as always i don't hesitate very long when it's about a nice golden age book. they don't grow on trees here in austria you know. what really hurts is the tape along the spine (only on the front cover), which is not even necessary. the staples are also not the original ones. how would you grade this book? and would some moderate restoration make sense or is it better to leave it as it is? i really don't know much about restoration. thanks for your opinion.

pl_front.jpg

pl_back.jpg

Since it is already technically restored because of the staples, a good professional restoration would 1) definitely enhance the appearance (currently 1.8/2.0) and 2) probably pay for itself due to the high value of this book.

Dang, that is always a great cover.

actually ,in most every case, replaced staples will give it a qualified Green label, if nothing else has been done...

but, that tape is very damaging to the book, so I would recommend having the tape removed, at the very least...

@Detective27Kid: yep, the tape is not good. it can be slightly lifted on some parts and the paper underneath is getting really brittle.

@buttock: any suggestions who is up for this task? i never had anything to do with this topic so i don't have a clue who is good at this.

And, yes it's a book I would consider having restored (thumbs u

I actually think that some books deserve to be restored,and preserved for future generations.Let's face they do it with cars,furniture etc.,but frowned upon with comics doh!If it were an AF#15,ACTION #1 etc.we must preserve these books for our future generations IMHO.