• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the eBay Mystic #4 worth?

89 posts in this topic

Love 'em both! :cloud9:

But Richard, your comment that supply has probably met demand on this, the scarcest issue of the run, is a little scary! :o

I think the demand drops off drastically when the price is $2500 for a vg.

There would be tons of demand if it were priced correctly.

But Richard, your comment that supply has probably met demand on this, the scarcest issue of the run, is a little scary! :o

Got it. Now I feel better. :hi:

Me too, lol...;) although according to that seller, we own about 3/4 of the total number of books, between us... :roflmao:

Me too, lol...;) although according to that seller, we own about 3/4 of the total number of books, between us... :roflmao:

that is par for the course on these boards.

;)

mystic4.jpg

Darnit!! I'm laying a smack down on the tall Texan and running for the door with this baby next time I see him!

I think all copies have the july overlayed and the august on the cover...I have not see a july only copy...

here is one that skypinkblu just got from me when I got the one from GE:

mystic4-1-1.jpg

I would not pay $2500 for a vg, and I think folks know I generally don't let price dissuade me...I paid GE 1.5x guide, I believe, and we did a little trade as well, so we helped each other out...$1500 is what I would offer if I didn't have a copy

So are there July copies and August copies of this book?

I've never seen one without the overprint. But as you can see from the scans there are two different overprints. Overstreet mentions a date sticker, but I've never seen that either.

I think all copies have the july overlayed and the august on the cover...I have not see a july only copy...

But why do some copies have the July obscured, and other's don't(like the 4.5 and 8.5 posted above)?

So are there July copies and August copies of this book?

I've never seen one without the overprint. But as you can see from the scans there are two different overprints. Overstreet mentions a date sticker, but I've never seen that either.

Got it. (thumbs u

But why do some copies have the July obscured, and other's don't(like the 4.5 and 8.5 posted above)?

I think it is the scan through the slab...the 4.5 copy in person you can't read the july like you can via the scan (it must "penetrate" the gray overlay via scan)

I think it is the scan through the slab...the 4.5 copy in person you can't read the july like you can via the scan (it must "penetrate" the gray overlay via scan)

There actually are two different, a dark gray (through which the July is very visible) and a heavy silver.