• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies, Keep Your Eyes Peeled for my Frazetta Signed Vampi #1

72 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

At this point there is an extremely high possibility that my CGC SS 9.0 Vampirella #1, signed by Frank Frazetta, has been lost or stolen. USPS "confirms" delivery at my law firm on Friday. We didn't get it and it is not at the post office. There still may be a reasonable explanation, but I wanted to get the word out, especially if the worst has happened and the thief has been showing it around over the long weekend.

There is only one SS 9.0 in the world, so if you see it or hear about it, it is mine. I will be contacting the local shops this afternoon, and also still hoping for the best. :wishluck:

I just wanted to get the word out because I know you guys will have my back if it shows up somewhere. Thanks,

--Sean.

Hey everybody,

At this point there is an extremely high possibility that my CGC SS 9.0 Vampirella #1, signed by Frank Frazetta, has been lost or stolen. USPS "confirms" delivery at my law firm on Friday. We didn't get it and it is not at the post office. There still may be a reasonable explanation, but I wanted to get the word out, especially if the worst has happened and the thief has been showing it around over the long weekend.

There is only one SS 9.0 in the world, so if you see it or hear about it, it is mine. I will be contacting the local shops this afternoon, and also still hoping for the best. :wishluck:

I just wanted to get the word out because I know you guys will have my back if it shows up somewhere. Thanks,

--Sean.

Wow.That really sucks.Hope it works out.

Dennis

I would definitely talk to the post man. I shipped out an ASM #300 CGC 9.8 last year during the height of the craze. I got $1400 for the book. The guy kept emailing me wasking where the book was. Tracking showed it was delivered and signed for.

:eek:

Turns out a friendly neighbour forgot for a few days to tell the buyer that he signed for his package.

doh!

The mail carriers have good memory when it comes to that stuff for sure. Mine always recognize me (even years after I've changed residences and mail carriers) because I would always have packages coming to my home or PO.

It's your best bet.

(thumbs u

I'd definitely talk to your carrier if it was in an office...it probably just got signed by the wrong person.

You'll have some explaining to do once the secretary tries to find out why you are subbscribing to books with cartoon women in tights though.

lol

Have you talked to your Postman that delivers to the office?

I almost got negged over a book awhile back due to office mail theft,by an EMPLOYEE of the buyer.... :P

We don't have regular mail delivered. We have a PO Box. I use the office address for delivery services, but it got mailed USPS with the street address. It could still be making it's way here, but the problem is the delivery confirmation shows delivered.

You'll have some explaining to do once the secretary tries to find out why you are subbscribing to books with cartoon women in tights though.

lol

My legal assistant would think I'm cool even with the cartoon women in tights. Now the office manager . . .

I almost got negged over a book awhile back due to office mail theft,by an EMPLOYEE of the buyer.... :P

We don't have regular mail delivered. We have a PO Box. I use the office address for delivery services, but it got mailed USPS with the street address. It could still be making it's way here, but the problem is the delivery confirmation shows delivered.

The problem with delivery confirmation....which might actually help you out, is that "delivered" doesn't always mean delivered. When the postman scans the piece on his delivery route it triggers the "delivered" tag to be applied. Even if he doesn't find someone home/there, even if he forgets it in his bag and has to come back on the next delivery day, it still shows delivered on that first attempt.

Find your delivery person before you start to sweat, this has happened to me before too.

Chris

The problem with delivery confirmation....which might actually help you out, is that "delivered" doesn't always mean delivered. When the postman scans the piece on his delivery route it triggers the "delivered" tag to be applied. Even if he doesn't find someone home/there, even if he forgets it in his bag and has to come back on the next delivery day, it still shows delivered on that first attempt.

Find your delivery person before you start to sweat, this has happened to me before too.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I'm running out for lunch and will stop at the PO.

Is everyone a lawyer here ? :insane:

I find that comment insulting, overly general in nature, and prejudicial to its core.

You will be hearing from all of us shortly...

C

Is everyone a lawyer here ? :insane:

I find that comment insulting, overly general in nature, and prejudicial to its core.

You will be hearing from all of us shortly...

C

:eek:

Hey everybody,

--Sean.

:mad:

Hopefully the holiday weekend just messed things up for a day or two and you'll get it soon.

(thumbs u