• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loveless

8 posts in this topic

This series has ended. Curious if anyone read it. As I do with just about all vertigo titles, I wait until the series gets canceled or ends before I read the book. The assumption is, if it comes from Vertigo I'm more than likely going to like it, and its more than likely not going to last long.

So with #24 Loveless ended and I read it over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure where the book would have headed after the last big arc concluded and everyone was dead. Ruth chasing down Wes' brother I guess.

The series was full of one issue stories that were just plain awesome.

I read the first 12 issues or so and I had a hard time following it. I couldn't tell who was who half the time (not great art) and all the flashbacks completely confused me. I never knew when it was a flashback or current. It seemed to have potential, but never really got all that well fleshed out IMO. I'm surprised it lasted 24 issues.

I read the first 12 issues or so and I had a hard time following it. I couldn't tell who was who half the time (not great art) and all the flashbacks completely confused me. I never knew when it was a flashback or current. It seemed to have potential, but never really got all that well fleshed out IMO. I'm surprised it lasted 24 issues.

EXACTLY the same for me, except I think I lasted 14 issues...

It's very rare that I have a hard time discerning between the characters. But this was one of those cases. I quit at about 14 issues too. As OldGuy said, I'm surprised it lasted that long too.

Pat

Maybe reading it in one fell swoop would be less confusing, but I too had a hard time keeping track of who was who - still I stuck with tto the end because I loved the atmosphere and setting - I should read it from the beginning again. I'm having similar issues with 100 Bullets - the storylines are so convoluted and have gone off on so many tangents that I keep forgetting who is working for/with who. Another series I'll have to reread from the top.

I had the same issues with the flashbacks. I wish they had used some sort of art tactic to help the reader understand flashbacks were happening. I had to reread the first story arc to fully get it. Once I got a handle on it though, it read real smooth. And yeah, read over two or three days probably made it much easier to follow.

I stopped reading 100 Bullets around issue 40 and decided I'd just buy and store the issues until it ended. Azzarello has been very straight forward that he had an ending in mind around issue 100 for a long time now. He said this weekend that it'll go past 100, but hopefully not too far past because I'm dying to spend a few weeks reading is straight through.