• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone thing of the Comics Corral?

76 posts in this topic

Why cant I play games in the arcade there? :cry:

You need "Chips" to play the games...

Is that what those chips are for?

You win chips for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd. You also get them for other activities.. I think you get some for just showing up actually.

I've got about 32,000 chips and they just seem to accrue... (shrug)

Please. No. Thank you. :)

I will bust it out in Chicago. It is quite impressive. Nothing woos the ladies like the dulcet tones of Middle English.

You're still single, right?

Only if he also speaks Middle Earth English.

lol I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy.

I know Captain America. Captain America is a friend of mine. You sir, are no Captain America. (tsk)

;):foryou:

You win chips for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd. You also get them for other activities.. I think you get some for just showing up actually.

I'm down to 40.. :sorry: damn connect four

I'm down to 40.. :sorry: damn connect four

You can't just keep playing a game where you're losing. Well, you can... but you're going to run out of chips. Choose a game that you think you can place in and play that game to get some easy chips. Then you can go back and play Connect4. (It's too hard to try to place in that game IMHO. You basically need to fill up the entire board/tray and then do a massive connect5-6 I think.)

When some of the board members here started to go there and play the games (and starting to kick arse I might add), two things happened:

1. It was free play and they went to a chips model.

2. All of the high scores were wiped out.

It all smells fishy to me. Sounds like there's a lot of pride in keeping their high scores intact. :kidaround:

I went by there yesterday and while some of the games were fun, all I did was lose more chips. :shrug: I'm assuming you have to post more to get more chips (not so good for lurkers).

Yeah, the chips deal killed it for me. I was checking out the boards every day and playing a game or two. Can't do that anymore without contributing. Which is fine--I'm sure that's what they are after. It's a nice place and definitely a great change of pace. I do recommend that others check it out.

I went by there yesterday and while some of the games were fun, all I did was lose more chips. :shrug: I'm assuming you have to post more to get more chips (not so good for lurkers).

You get chips for winning as well. Plus, it's not like they are real money. :gossip: