• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man #129

9 posts in this topic

Here is an Amazing Spider-Man #129 from my OO collection. It appears NM- at first glance (with bone white pages), but has pretty bad rust on both staples. Would greatly appreciate everyone's grades and opinions. Thanks!!

ASM129.jpg

th_ASM129BC.jpg

th_asm129001.jpgth_asm129004.jpg

th_asm129002.jpgth_asm129003.jpg

get some vintage staples from a book thats about the same time frame as the ASM#129,replace the rusty ones.8.5/9.0 (thumbs u

Thanks. I think that due to the migration onto the paper, if the staples were replaced it would get a restored grade.

It's the dam Hawaii salt air. This book was kept in the original brown paper package from the comic store and stored in a metal cabinet in my grandmother's basement from the time of purchase.

Definitely a 9.2 / 9.4 if you ignore the staples . . . but the CF rust migration should take it down to at least a 7.5, perhaps lower. :sorry: This is a book that needs some immediate attention / conservation :sumo::takeit:

Bill, it sure looks like a 9.2/9.4 to me...but I have to say the last book I had graded with less rust than this with no migration took a hit of 2.2, should have been 9.2 ended up 7.0, my guess it would probably get a 6.0/6.5 as is....I wonder if good o'l Matt Nelson has a way of removing the rust non-restoratively and using vintage staples get a blue label still in the 9.0's?? Worth sending him those pics in an email and getting his opinion. I haven't looked at GPA, but if you got a 9.4 we are talking a big $ book.

Paul

Definitely a 9.2 / 9.4 if you ignore the staples . . . but the CF rust migration should take it down to at least a 7.5, perhaps lower. :sorry: This is a book that needs some immediate attention / conservation :sumo::takeit:

(thumbs u possibly 7.0 if the rust migrated to the pages.

7.5 Replace the staples with vintage era one's. If it's done correctly. The book could still get a blue label. Call up Matt at Classics. He has an ad on here somewhere. For that matter buy a cheap beat up copy with good, clean staples. Then you could say the book's staples are ASM 129 staples... lol