• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subby 32

30 posts in this topic

it went for just over $4K in the last Weist auction...I was underbidder, even though I bid more than the $3600 prejuice bid that won it :frustrated:

I have held in my grubby little hands a MINT copy of this book. I mean an unimprovable copy. A friend of mine owns it.

Seriously? Can we get more details? Whomever sold this on C-Link just doubled their money. Wish Weiss didn't put those codes before the name of the titles in his EBay auctions because it never even showed up when I did my normal "Sub-Mariner" searches. :mad: Vern what do you think the Oakjima copy could fetch on C-Link today? :popcorn:

I have held in my grubby little hands a MINT copy of this book. I mean an unimprovable copy. A friend of mine owns it.

Seriously? Can we get more details? Whomever sold this on C-Link just doubled their money. Wish Weiss didn't put those codes before the name of the titles in his EBay auctions because it never even showed up when I did my normal "Sub-Mariner" searches. :mad: Vern what do you think the Oakjima copy could fetch on C-Link today? :popcorn:

nowhere near what the Elmjima copy would go for, and i understand the Sprucejima is basically priceless. on the other hand, the Pinejima evidences bark seals and, rumor has it, has been re-needled; it can be had for a reasonable sum.

nowhere near what the Elmjima copy would go for, and i understand the Sprucejima is basically priceless. on the other hand, the Pinejima has some bark seals and, rumor has it, has been re-needled; it can be had for a reasonable sum.

You really need to check out the magnoliajima sometime. It is a thing of wonder! It puts all other flora-jimas to shame!

nowhere near what the Elmjima copy would go for, and i understand the Sprucejima is basically priceless. on the other hand, the Pinejima has some bark seals and, rumor has it, has been re-needled; it can be had for a reasonable sum.

You really need to check out the magnoliajima sometime. It is a thing of wonder! It puts all other flora-jimas to shame!

like i haven't checked it out; didn't you know the magnoliajima is our state comic.

like i haven't checked it out; didn't you know the magnoliajima is our state comic.

doh! What was I thinking?

lol Billy that was so lame it actually made me laugh. I heard the Sprucejima was a fake. :gossip:

lame? i have to ash why you would be so mean? i can't figure it out fir the life of me. i maple you to the side if you go chicago and have a word with you. if you weren't planning to go, be aware it starts Juniper 26th.

lol Billy that was so lame it actually made me laugh. I heard the Sprucejima was a fake. :gossip:

lame? i have to ash why you would be so mean? i can't figure it out fir the life of me. i maple you to the side if you go chicago and have a word with you. if you weren't planning to go, be aware it starts Juniper 26th.

You are the biggest tree-hugging dork ever! lol

You are the biggest tree-hugging dork ever! lol

lol

Vern anytime. (thumbs u I'm still clinging to my Canadian copy otherwise I probably wouldn't have sold that one. Not sure if I have ever posted it before? :whistle: I think it was undergraded. :sumo:

Wonder who owns the 6.0 copy in the census, have never seen it show its face anywhere.

SMC31CGC8.jpg[/img]

Vern this will bring tears to your eyes. I know a boardie owns this copy, can't recall who, but hopefully he doesn't mind me posting it. By far the best copy I have ever seen. (worship) Have tried many times to pry it from his clutches but with no luck. Everrett's best cover piece ever!

Subby33_2VFNM.jpg[/img]

Now if this is the price that it sold for, namely $7,800 then that is might impressive! :o

That's a multiple of 8X condition guide which is just simply not your typical GA price multiple, especially when you are talking about a 7.5 graded condition copy of a book.

Didn't know my copy was so famous! lol

No problem posting it as I've already posted it on the boards.

Now if this is the price that it sold for, namely $7,800 then that is might impressive! :o

That's a multiple of 8X condition guide which is just simply not your typical GA price multiple, especially when you are talking about a 7.5 graded condition copy of a book.

I think OS has been asleep for years when it comes to this issue. Low grade restored copies have sold very strongly for a long time. The Crippen copy which is also a 7.5 went rather cheaply a few years ago for around $5,600 but I think it could easily fetch $7,800 today.

and I am still burned that I placed a $4500 bid via ebay, was accepted by ebay and when I checked the bidder history it showed me high proxy (hidden id's, but I could see me at the top of the list)...

and, ebay said I won!!!!

and when I called them that monday to pay for it (spoke to a lady), I was told that the winner was there live on Sat and paid for it and already had possession of it, and when I forwarded them my ebay email of my bid, and that if the winner won it at $3600 + juice, why didn't my $4500 + juice bid win it (shrug)

they chalked it up to an error :frustrated: