• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

future of Invincible?

28 posts in this topic

A long time. He answers this question from time to time in his letter column. I think last time was about a year ago and he said he had Invincible (and Walking Dead) plotted up to around 75. So we've got a lot to look forward to.

75 is it? I thought, at one time, he mentioned that he'd like them to hit 300.

In the latest Walking Dead #1 Special Edition, he mentioned that he has at least up to 100 planned (obviously fan interest will make the ultimate decision).

Pat

thanks guys, the reason i ask is i just picked up 1 - 20 and i'm going to hunt down the rest to be current witch will be the first time i have ever had all the issues of a current running title.

but i could see me getting them all and suddenly he stops writing them. i'm glad he's not.

i can't believe #50 has been pushed back to june 18th :((

lame

Wow, that's sad :( This'll make it, what, 3 months since the last one came out? I guess it's a printer problem though because Ryan Ottley wrote on the image forums that he's already finished the next couple issues. Hopefully those come out much quicker.

I'll echo the other comments from others that I've heard Kirkman wants to keep writing Invincible for the foreseeable future. Awhile back he said that he imagined the Invincible universe as kind of a smaller Marvel/DC universe and would like to see the book continue with another author if he ever decides to quit writing. His wolf-man book takes place in the same world and Savage Dragon and other Image heroes have made appearances. I think we have a good long while of this universe left to enjoy!

-Bob

No, Brit is a side-project and probably he makes a few bucks off it without doing as much work (although he's editing/plotting?). But Invicible and WD are his meal-tickets, so I wouldn't worry about any other names in the W: slot, at least for a long time.