• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The First Avenger: Captain America

Should the Invaders appear in the upcoming Captain America movie?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Invaders appear in the upcoming Captain America movie?

25 posts in this topic

I vote the first movie be a solo Cap movie,with a mention of other super-folk to show he isn't unique.Perhaps The Invaders could be in a sequel,but they'd best not bring The Liberty Legion into them.

I went with solo--more is NOT better. Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 3, the list goes on and on. That said... I really, really dig the idea of them setting this in WWII. I have to say the Iron Man movie has restored my hope in Marvel comic movies. :grin:

Well, at the end of the FF/surfer, we find doom sinking underneath the sea (if I recall correctly), leading into a run in with sub-mariner in comicdom.

I would wage a guess that cap will be left drifting underneath the freezing sea after a heroic battle at the end of the cap movie (titanic theme).

Would be cool to see a swim-by cameo tie in both time/story-lines with our other past/future hero. Maybe our golden age villain/hero could get amnesia while helping cap on the last golden age mission? Nah, but cool idea IMO.

I agree that there should be some context in place, some mention of the other heroes, and perhaps a cameo; but the film should be all Cap.

Marvel can always go back in time and tell many more WWII period piece Cap stories.

As for my vote, it was for crack natch.

I think the movie should take place during WWII entirely until the end.

Movie ends with Cap & Bucky (or just Cap if he's solo in the movie, which is fine) getting blown off of Zemo's plane & plunging into the icy waters, with Cap being shown freezing over.

Cut to some 50+ years in the future & we see a silhouetted figure encased in ice in some tiny northern fishing village.

A tremendous bolt of lightning strikes & reveals an angry/despondent banished, but mighty THOR! Thor has just been tossed down to ol' Midgard by Odin (This would cross-over with Thor's movie, as Thor gets banished to Earth at the end of his own movie). Thor throws a bit of a temper-tantrum & ends up cracking the ice that Captain America is encased in.

At this point Thor either flies away & Cap's eyes slowly open... fade to black, OR Thor sees Cap within the ice he's just cracked open & helps him get out... fade to black, with the words "To be Continued in the upcoming AVENGERS Movie."

This way, you get Cap out of the ice & into the modern world and cross-over with Thor at the same time and built further intrigue for the upcoming Avengers movie.

Well, at the end of the FF/surfer, we find doom sinking underneath the sea (if I recall correctly), leading into a run in with sub-mariner in comicdom.

I would wage a guess that cap will be left drifting underneath the freezing sea after a heroic battle at the end of the cap movie (titanic theme).

Would be cool to see a swim-by cameo tie in both time/story-lines with our other past/future hero. Maybe our golden age villain/hero could get amnesia while helping cap on the last golden age mission? Nah, but cool idea IMO.

Forgot about the FF ending. I think this will help tie in Cap into the Avengers storyline more than anything else. A Union Jack and Baron Blood plot would be cool but I suspect they are going to keep things simple for the first movie and use the WWII battling German's storyline.

Forgot about the FF ending. I think this will help tie in Cap into the Avengers storyline more than anything else. A Union Jack and Baron Blood plot would be cool but I suspect they are going to keep things simple for the first movie and use the WWII battling German's storyline.

Oh, I agree. Cap has to battle the Skull and/or Zemo, does he not? Perhaps a mention by US military of other agents working with the Allies - like UJ or Subby & maybe a black & white photo as part of classified info that Cap is looking at during a debriefing in the movie...

Keeping it a Captain America-only film with the origin intact would be most palatable for the masses and satisfy most comic fans. A WWII storyline is a must. Though, setting the film in modern times with long flashbacks to the past might work. The ageless Steve Rogers can narrate. This would also allow for a smooth transition to a sequel set in modern times.

I vote for no Invaders, no sidekicks, and no Namor. While it would be fun to watch a winged-foot Atlantean in a green Speedo wipe out some U-boats, it would be at the expense of any, um, realism.

So, where do I send my -script?

there was supposed to be a namor -script a while back; it was to be directed by the director of the U571 film.

from wiki:

"On September 13, 2006, Universal Pictures announced that director Jonathan Mostow was attached to rewrite and direct Marvel Studios' Sub-Mariner. Kevin Misher is producing through his Misher Films, along with Marvel Studios. The screenplay had initially been written by David Self.[9][10]"

targeted for 2010 hm

wonder if they'll start him in golden or silver...