• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Unusual Place Logging on to the Boards

30 posts in this topic

While waiting for breakfast in a little place on the beach in Belize I noticed a laptop at the bar. It didn't look like it belonged to anyone so I asked our waitress what it was for. She said it was there for customers to use for free internet access. I jumped on, checked my e-mail and logged onto the boards for a few minutes. However I don't think I posted anything, but I don't remember for sure.

P1040189thumb.jpg

is that out on the caye near journey's end..... :headbang:

I've logged in from a small (two computers) cybercafe in a souk in Turkey.

The main problem was that the keyboard had different letters from our alfabet and the letter "i" just didn't exist. I found a symbol on the keyboard that resembled the "i" and used that, all the PMs I wrote ended up looking like this

H%&*§,

%&*§'m %&*§n Turkey r%&*§ght now and typ%&*§ng on a very we%&*§rd keyboard.

:tonofbricks:

The hotel we were staying at had a PC for guests so I logged on

Hotel, public computers = password stealers (tsk)

Not unless you're dense and don't clear the private data in the browser.

While waiting for breakfast in a little place on the beach in Belize I noticed a laptop at the bar. It didn't look like it belonged to anyone so I asked our waitress what it was for. She said it was there for customers to use for free internet access. I jumped on, checked my e-mail and logged onto the boards for a few minutes. However I don't think I posted anything, but I don't remember for sure.

P1040189thumb.jpg

is that out on the caye near journey's end..... :headbang:

No, it's a beach in Placencia, best beaches in the country, and they've got some good ones. (thumbs u