• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Unusual Place Logging on to the Boards

30 posts in this topic

So, I'm sitting in a power plant in a metal storage unit up on the steam turbine deck waiting to collect some data. I have an air card for my computer that's giving me access to the Internet. It's loud outside, but not too bad in here.

I thought, ok this is kind of an unusual place to be checking out the CGC boards, but I'm sure you guys have some other ones far more remote.

The VCCE hospitality room.

Not that that's all that unusual, but it does make it hard to concentrate on the hookers when October or Foolkiller launch some books.......,

The VCCE hospitality room.

Yeah, like you're VCCE material. lollol

:baiting: Like you ever buy anything here anymore.....,

While waiting for breakfast in a little place on the beach in Belize I noticed a laptop at the bar. It didn't look like it belonged to anyone so I asked our waitress what it was for. She said it was there for customers to use for free internet access. I jumped on, checked my e-mail and logged onto the boards for a few minutes. However I don't think I posted anything, but I don't remember for sure.

P1040189thumb.jpg

I was in Vietnam last year visiting my sister-in-law, and we were staying in Sapa (near the border with China). I hadn't checked the boards for at least a week by that point, so I was suffering inevitable withdrawal symptoms. The hotel we were staying at had a PC for guests so I logged on but didn't post anything as I figured I wouldn't have been able to stick around for a reply. :(

The hotel we were staying at had a PC for guests so I logged on

Hotel, public computers = password stealers (tsk)

It's been 15 months since then, and no consequences...I think I got away with it.

You got lucky :whistle:

The hotel we were staying at had a PC for guests so I logged on

Hotel, public computers = password stealers (tsk)

It's been 15 months since then, and no consequences...I think I got away with it.

You got lucky :whistle:

I prefer careful. :whatev:

I was posting about NYC comic-con in April, 2008 from a NYC apt run by the Hari Krishna. Their immediate neighbors were the Hell's Angels and we were warned ahead of time to make sure we did not knock over their Harley Davidsons parked out front when we were loading/unloading our luggage, or there would be Canadian blood spilt on the pavement. :o