• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your "Black Cover" grail?

114 posts in this topic

I love Subby # 8 and FF # 112 and own several copies of each, and being the Marvel BA horror junkie that I am.....MSpot 5 holds a place dear and near the top of the list, but Spidey # 28 would be my grail of Black covers, as I own a CGC 7.0 and 7.5. I hope to own higher one day and wonder what a 9.4+ slabbed would bring????

I love my Spider-Man vol.2 #36, but I want my holy grail to be the venom lethal protector #1 black error cover!

:(

I'm not a high grade or multiple issue collector, but ASM #36 v2 is the only book I own multiples of (including one 9.8 and two 9.6s) and is the only book I would ever consider buying in 10.0 Gem Mint. (worship)

I love my Spider-Man vol.2 #36, but I want my holy grail to be the venom lethal protector #1 black error cover!

:(

I'm not a high grade or multiple issue collector, but ASM #36 v2 is the only book I own multiples of (including one 9.8 and two 9.6s) and is the only book I would ever consider buying in 10.0 Gem Mint. (worship)

I am not a Bronze collector but definitely wanted to have this issue in my collection...I did pretty good on eBay with this one...about 2-3 years ago bought 5 raw copies in 5 separate auctions all advertised as NM+ for about $20-25 apiece and sent them into CGC...

2 came back 9.8

and the other 3 came back in 9.6, 9.4 and 9.2...

Sold those 3 and kept the 2 9.8s... :headbang:

And I'd have to go with ASM #28 as well...