• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guidance on my Mile High 1938 Popeye

7 posts in this topic

I am not a golden age book guy, but now am the owner of a cool comic. It is a CGC 9.0 King Comics 32. Blue label, Edgar Church Mile High, has to be the oldest comic I own at 11/38. Label # is 0079277017.

I may just keep it as it is just about the coolest Popeye book I can see myself owning. But if I sell, do I just throw it on the bay or is there a recomendation out there as to value and best way to move it?

Thanks!

I had a King Comics 24 8.5 Lost Valley and it sat everywhere I tried to sell it. Ebay it sold for about what I paid for it via auction. King Comics are about as dead a title as there is, but the Mile High certainly helps. I'd guess a price of $300-400 would be good

I thought of that, but I need to set a price. I do not think I can do an auction on this forum without the rules lawyers beating me with their GI Joes.

Rules do state that a price you are willing to sell for is stated. $300/400 sound pretty cheap for a Mile High. What about Heritage Auctions?

I signed up for GPA today as info could not hurt, cheap enough that it will help me in long run.

FTT that King Comics 24 has some sales. A 7.5 Mile High sold for 1075 in 06. Your 8.5 does not show as a pedigree and shows as a sale of 265 (ouch). Mile High seems to be a multiplier in this case.

My # 32 9.0 shows last sale as of 2004, at 598. At the least its interesting for me.