• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Love for Adventure Con?

75 posts in this topic

Nice meeting you guys. Friday and Saturday were ok. Sunday was a complete disaster, spent the day grading Green Lantern books. I'm pretty sure the MS 5 was biggest sale of the day, besides counting $1 book stacks.

I walked the floor all day saturday and never saw you jeff, sorry.

Nice meeting you guys. Friday and Saturday were ok. Sunday was a complete disaster, spent the day grading Green Lantern books. I'm pretty sure the MS 5 was biggest sale of the day, besides counting $1 book stacks.

Wow.. You had alot of nice books too. I figured you would have done better than that.

I was afraid your location may have hurt you a little.

I wish I hadn't waited on getting that pre-code horror you had. Loose centerfold held me back on it.

Maybe location was bad, but from other dealer reports I think I could have done a lot worse. I'm driving back up to Knoxville tomorrow am to pick up a collection. So it wasn't a waste of time by any means. Anyone want to help load?

My only complaint (and really more of a gripe) is that this show could really be any weekend and doesn't need to be back to back with Heroes. Maybe that was only this year? It should probably be run the same time as San Diego (shrug)

The timing for this show is just terrible. Two weeks after Philly, one week before Charlotte, two weeks before Chicago. That's just stupid. Move it to October when there's nothing else going on. (thumbs u

I walked the floor all day saturday and never saw you jeff, sorry.

:hi: Jeff was back in the back near the tables not far from Ghostbuster Car lets see if I can post a picture. :whistle:

:hi: good to talk to you Jeff and nice pick up on that collection. (thumbs u

Jeffsbooth.jpg

Wow, I never even saw that guy, and I didn't find Jeff's booth until I had been there a few hours and was about to leave.

Over all I enjoyed the show and there were alot more dealers there than last year, and I found several books that I was very happy with.

I'm sorry it wasn't a very good show for the dealers though :(

If they move it to October that's going to cut into Marc's October show here in Nashville, which I'd hate to see.

I think the show is around the same time each year. They might not have been aware that chicago and heroes were going to change dates and had already booked the convention hall. Not sure how far in advance you need to book.

:grin: And here is some dealer who had more $1 boxes than even I could stand to go through well over 200 long boxes, anyone know who he was. :gossip:

DollorBoxes.jpg

I saw that and the guy with the tons of trades all mixed up and I said no way to that. lol

:grin: And here is some dealer who had more $1 boxes than even I could stand to go through well over 200 long boxes, anyone know who he was. :gossip:

DollorBoxes.jpg

I saw that and the guy with the tons of trades all mixed up and I said no way to that. lol

There were actually a lot of good deals in those boxes. I spent friday morning going through all of them (He had a step ladder :banana:) Nice guy, I think he was blowing out a store backstock.

half off doesn't do it for me at a show. Guy at motorcity had $5 and great stuff. I'm spoiled as I can get 50% off at dcbs for new unread books.

I'm Chris from Espionage Comics. I was the one who let the riff raff use my booth to pedal his highly suspect products...Just kidding Blutobc...

Everyone may have given up on this thread but I will try for the last post... I had an OK show. Comic Book Sales were really low though. Over 85% of sales were in toys. I did make some great trades though with Jeff, Charles Bond, and Chris with Heroes and Dragons. From Chris, I got a sweet Air Fighters #10 with war cover for some books I haven't moved in 4 to 5 years. I will post a photo of the book once I scan it. Jeff helped me fill a few holes in my collection as did Charles. I also traded some toys with Michael Golden for four signed prints to the family. All of the Comic Book guests seemed to be friendly. I never did get over to Suydam's table though.

I had a much better con last year. I don't know if they didn't do as much advertising, or it could have been the somewhat weak guest list. The cost is going up for next year, I can only hope they have a much better guest list or I may not be able to afford to do another show. I will try posting a photo of my buddy in his homemade Iron Man suit as soon as I figure out how...New to this forum stuff.

DollorBoxes.jpg

There were actually a lot of good deals in those boxes. I spent friday morning going through all of them (He had a step ladder :banana:) Nice guy, I think he was blowing out a store backstock.

Like you would know a hot book from a hole in your arse if i wasn't there helping you with the hot advice. You would have probably been too busy getting a massage from Mikail from "Lost" if i hadn't been over there. I guess you think buying books just because they have John Travolta's name on the cover makes them hot. ZING!!!!!