• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Love for Adventure Con?

75 posts in this topic

Either I'm blind or nobody has posted thread about Adventure Con coming up next weekend. 3 day show. Anyone going?

I'll be there off an on all three days.

I'll either be roaming the aisles or helping a friend at the Espionage Comics booth.

Jeff, will you have a table at the show. I might have to see if you have any mags left???

Looking at the website adventurecon.com, I noticed that they just added Michael Biehn of Terminator/Aliens fame.

The only big comic artist I've seen listed is Michael Golden....so that will be good for some virtue. Jr, Jr. had to drop out.

I'll be bringing a handfull of Golden Age DCs and Dells to sell if anyone has a wish list..throw me a pm.

My wife wants to finally go to a con this year too. I think she just wants to see Kevin Sorbo. :o

Either I'm blind or nobody has posted thread about Adventure Con coming up next weekend. 3 day show. Anyone going?

I'll be there off an on all three days.

I'll either be roaming the aisles or helping a friend at the Espionage Comics booth.

Jeff, will you have a table at the show. I might have to see if you have any mags left???

Looking at the website adventurecon.com, I noticed that they just added Michael Biehn of Terminator/Aliens fame.

The only big comic artist I've seen listed is Michael Golden....so that will be good for some virtue. Jr, Jr. had to drop out.

I'll be bringing a handfull of Golden Age DCs and Dells to sell if anyone has a wish list..throw me a pm.

My wife wants to finally go to a con this year too. I think she just wants to see Kevin Sorbo. :o

Yes, It will be first time setting up. Not sure what to expect, but it's pretty cheap, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll have an endcap somewhere, just not sure where yet. But I'll be in a row with guys selling vintage star wars.

I've got 3 boxes of mags left that I plan on bringing. Maybe we can trade for some more lower grade pre-heroes :wishluck: I also found around 60 or so undergrounds. Everything else will be same ole same ole. Some decent silver/bronze complimented by some super strong $1 boxes (They used to be my $2 boxes, so they better sell at $1 lol )

"Yes, It will be first time setting up. Not sure what to expect, but it's pretty cheap"

Hopefully, they dropped the table prices. I think that may have lowered the number of dealers last year. The website list looks as though there should be more dealers this time around....even saw Beerbohm listed.

I'll be there Saturday, hopefully there will be a few more comics dealers than there were last year.

Brian, do you have any Dell Combats? VF or better? :wishluck:

sadly no war for me.

I'm bringing a couple of ECs, some Barks Ducks, Dell Westerns, and a handfull of DC superheroes.

"Yes, It will be first time setting up. Not sure what to expect, but it's pretty cheap"

Hopefully, they dropped the table prices. I think that may have lowered the number of dealers last year. The website list looks as though there should be more dealers this time around....even saw Beerbohm listed.

Its about 1/2 the cost of Heroes, so can't really complain for 3 day show. Hopefully some people come out. To be honest I haven't even checked out the website, I need to do that.......

Stop by and say Hey. I'll be in the back of room by guests and concessions.

I setup a few years ago before the guy sold it to the Las Vegas people.

I prepaid for a 10 by 10 space but when I got there the two guys on each side of me (toy dealers) had taken up about a foot of my space. Said something to the promoter but he never did a thing?? So I had a 8 by 10 space. Guess I should have pushed the issue, I'm too nice I suppose.

It was really slow for comics. They had a big crowd, but mainly lookers and people there to see the media guests.

Wish they would move it a little further out from Heroes Con. Think it would help them a lot.

I wish you luck Jeff :wishluck:

I'll see you the next weekend at Heroes (thumbs u

I"m going saturday now basically because they added Biehn, before that I was really on the fence. A terrible guest show. Getting two autographs and leaving, need to hold money for heroes the next weekend.

I prepaid for a 10 by 10 space but when I got there the two guys on each side of me (toy dealers) had taken up about a foot of my space. Said something to the promoter but he never did a thing?? So I had a 8 by 10 space. Guess I should have pushed the issue, I'm too nice I suppose.

It was really slow for comics. They had a big crowd, but mainly lookers and people there to see the media guests.

Wish they would move it a little further out from Heroes Con. Think it would help them a lot.

Heroes is the 20th - 22nd. Two weekends. I'm going out of town this coming weekend. You scared the chrap out of me for a minute

Heroes is the 20th - 22nd. Two weekends. I'm going out of town this coming weekend. You scared the chrap out of me for a minute

Yes - Adventure con is the weekend before - they usually always have it the weekend before Heroes :frustrated:

I will be there Friday and Saturday. I would like to meet some of you guys if possible. It is nice to put faces with names.

:news: Arthur Suydam will be there!!!! :news:

Marvel Zombie fans rejoice!!! :headbang:

I will be there Friday and Saturday. I would like to meet some of you guys if possible. It is nice to put faces with names.

:news: Arthur Suydam will be there!!!! :news:

Marvel Zombie fans rejoice!!! :headbang:

Now that is a biggie. Time to dig out my copy of M. Zombies #1 or maybe some Epic Illustrateds. Might be time to get my first sig series book.

Oh, and I changed the title to help reflect the good news.