• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

America's Best 7: Hitler cover! (SOLD)

26 posts in this topic

Nice eye appeal on an exceptionally tough golden age book. I have seen exactly one copy come up for public sale, a total beater on eBay that brought $300+. Classic Schomburg Hitler cover.

Cover and centerfold are firmly attached. Two fairly large pieces missing from the edge of two interior pages. Part of a word balloon is gone because of this, but that's about it. The rest is just regular wear, nothing major.

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

SOLD

americasbest7-2.jpg

Nice eye appeal on an exceptionally tough golden age book. I have seen exactly one copy come up for public sale, a total beater on eBay that brought $300+. Classic Schomburg Hitler cover.

Cover and centerfold are firmly attached. Two fairly large pieces missing from the edge of two interior pages. Part of a word balloon is gone because of this, but that's about it. The rest is just regular wear, nothing major.

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

Pardon my naivety, but who are all those characters?

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

Cool book...nice price! :takeit:

GE

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

Ah Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito . :busy:

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

:think: What, pray tell, is bulging from the side of Doc Strange's left leg?

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

It's either a banana or they're happy to to meet Hitler

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

Well, Doc's so dang muscular anyway (look at his biceps), I thought maybe it could be an excited quadricep or something. :think: Or maybe it's that ferret from "The Big Lebowski" and they're about to take Hitler to the bathtub. :kidaround:

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

Well, Doc's so dang muscular anyway (look at his biceps), I thought maybe it could be an excited quadricep or something. :think: Or maybe it's that ferret from "The Big Lebowski" and they're about to take Hitler to the bathtub. :kidaround:

:gossip:Those are old fashioned riding breeches, that had that flare at the hips, ...Yeesh...;) don't you guys ever read historical, romantic novels;) I may have to report you to the fashion police;)

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

:gossip:Those are old fashioned riding breeches, that had that flare at the hips, ...Yeesh...;) don't you guys ever read historical, romantic novels;) I may have to report you to the fashion police;)

Oh, I know what they are and they look fantastic on women....men...not so much.

2.5/3.0

$300 shipped.

americasbest7-2.jpg

Oh, I know what they are and they look fantastic on women....men...not so much.

I didn't know what they were. :blush: Thanks, skypinkblu. I'm with Roy--breech/breach the gender gap!

>> Those are old fashioned riding breeches

They're called jodhpurs.

From wikipedia:

Originally, jodhpurs (as worn in and around the city in India after which they are

named) were tight-fitting only from the knee to the ankle and were flared

above the knee

Always willing to be a smug, vocabulary show-off,

gozer

>> Those are old fashioned riding breeches

They're called jodhpurs.

From wikipedia:

Originally, jodhpurs (as worn in and around the city in India after which they are

named) were tight-fitting only from the knee to the ankle and were flared

above the knee

Always willing to be a smug, vocabulary show-off,

gozer

I knew the name, but didn't want to have to explain;) Vocabulary show-offs who are not too lazy to quote are fine in my book;) (thumbs u