• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I seeing double?

7 posts in this topic

...I was tracking this guy's auction for JLA #13 that ends tomorrow,....it has the typical postage sized E-bay scan which is totally useless, but from what you can make of it the book does look like it's in pretty good shape,... linkage

...so I started looking at his other stuff,..alot of upper-mid-grade Marvel's....but at least with the Marvel books he had bigger scans,....

...then I start looking in his feedback,..which is 100% by the way,...and I come across this auction that closed in early May,... linkage

...am I crazy, or is that the same exact book and auction?,....which leads me to believe either one or two things,...

A.)....he shills his own auctions and ends up having to blow money on E-bay fees, and then re-lists them ,...or

B.)....he uses stock pictures for his auctions that are so small that you couldn't really tell if you got the right book anyway,...in which case he can send any frickin copy that he feels comes close to the grade advertised,...what you think?...

C)... He puts a GPS/RFID device in the books and steals them back from the buyers.

He probably has found a small stash of the same book, kind of like all those Major Inapak books that seem to turn up in litter-size piles.