• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Just received this book from a CL auction. I apologize to any boardies that I outbid. Even though the PQ is listed as off-white, it appears the cover is somewhat brittle.

"snip"

It is a great cover.

1625487513_4ed0d94121_z.jpg

Just received this book from a CL auction. I apologize to any boardies that I outbid. Even though the PQ is listed as off-white, it appears the cover is somewhat brittle.

30dc4c01-f7f0-4c00-8cde-79d539aeab59.jpg

Maybe the edges are just worn rather than brittle. hm

Either way, it's a great book. (thumbs u

Cannot go wrong here with this issue. Great acquisition!!

Great comic. Get my vote for Baker's all-time best...maybe tied with Cinderella Love 25.

Took me a long time to find a decent copy, and haven't seen another one since. It's a scarce issue, probably due to collectors never wanting to sell their copies.

Great comic. Get my vote for Baker's all-time best...maybe tied with Cinderella Love 25.

Took me a long time to find a decent copy, and haven't seen another one since. It's a scarce issue, probably due to collectors never wanting to sell their copies.

I don't consider this book rare, but I would say that it is a little uncommon. I definitely agree that it is a great cover and given the relatively low guide prices for Seven Seas 3-6, there is little incentive for most folks to sell.

Nice pickup Tony! A very nice copy for a very reasonable price! Far and few between on the bay these days...I thought you'd be all over this if you didn't have a copy.

I was and I didn't! :D

Wow, missed this one entirely.

Sometimes I think ebay in Canada doesn't show us everything.

The auction ended 4:20 pm (east coast time). From a seller's perspective, probably not an ideal end time, particularly on a weekday.

The auction ended 4:20 pm (east coast time). From a seller's perspective, probably not an ideal end time, particularly on a weekday.

Yeah, but I check auctions daily. I still have my 6.5 copy, so I wouldn't have been a threat to your win. I just want to know when these things come up. Got some of my best books off ebay at one time.

Yeah, but I check auctions daily. I still have my 6.5 copy, so I wouldn't have been a threat to your win. I just want to know when these things come up. Got some of my best books off ebay at one time.

Census topper (thumbs u

Well, the most you can say about this copy is that -- believe it or not :D -- it's better than my other copy. One of my favorite Baker covers. Now if only I can find a nice copy. hm

T2eC16dHJHgFFlrgUsk0BSYJly0L-w60_57_zps657efee9.jpg