• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Just curious how many Baker romance collectors on this thread own Matt Baker OA?????

I own two Baker Flamingo strips.

12117222945_1fdb006c71_c.jpg

Do you have these two or did you find some more? I picked up the scan from the auction site, I think.

Just curious how many Baker romance collectors on this thread own Matt Baker OA?????
12117222945_1fdb006c71_c.jpg Do you have these two or did you find some more? I picked up the scan from the auction site, I think.

Apologies for poor quality of image:

photo BakerFlamingo2_zpsddf1e989.jpg

photo BakerFlamingo2_zps566df711.jpg

12117222945_1fdb006c71_c.jpg Do you have these two or did you find some more? I picked up the scan from the auction site, I think.

Apologies for poor quality of image:

photo BakerFlamingo2_zpsddf1e989.jpg

photo BakerFlamingo2_zps566df711.jpg

Those are great!

Hard to believe that there is only one copy of this one on the census and it's a 0.5. :o

IMG_0023_zps8d26f497.jpg

Hard to believe anyone would send in a 0.5

I was thinking that same thing. I wonder if the submitter didn't notice it was missing a centerfold or that it had some other secret sorrow. hm

Slowly filling in this run. This is a tough issue, I think. Only a 5.5 on the census.

Baker manages to include a woman in red, even here. :D

_57_zps7d021b7d.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that just because there are few on the census doesn't mean anything with these books. People just don't send them in. Most of my Bakers are raw.

Slowly filling in this run. This is a tough issue, I think. Only a 5.5 on the census.

_57_zps7d021b7d.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that just because there are few on the census doesn't mean anything with these books. People just don't send them in. Most of my Bakers are raw.

I think you are right. Until recently, only high-grade copies were probably worth the expense of grading.

Still, there clearly seems to be a high variance in the availability of different issues. Probably attributable to St. John's erratic distribution. I wonder whether some of them -- possibly including this issue -- even exist in high grade.

_57_zps7d021b7d.jpg

I think you are right. Until recently, only high-grade copies were probably worth the expense of grading.

Still, there clearly seems to be a high variance in the availability of different issues. Probably attributable to St. John's erratic distribution. I wonder whether some of them -- possibly including this issue -- even exist in high grade.

Hi-grade St. John's as rare as hen's teeth. Hardly any nm copies. Mid-grade=highgrade.

Just found this in a local Phoenix comic shop. G-...$5...I couldn't resist, even though the book is a piece of garbage with all that tape on the cover...now the question is-should I put it in a mylar? :roflmao:

2lj41mo.jpg

One of my favorite covers and a tough book to find in good shape. At $5, ya did good!

I just got back another 60 Sixth Street books from CGC (another 60 on the way next week I hope) and this group had 16 Baker books in it. I am not offering them for sale here and will only sell them on Ebay where they should start going up within a week mixed with the other books that came in - user name Lexcorp1. 'w' indicates a grade of White Pages

True Love Pictorial 6 5.0w, 8 5.5w, 11 6.5w, 7 8.0w,

Crown Comics 7 7.0

Blue Ribbon 5 7.0

Teen-Age Temptations 2 7.5w, 5 6.0w, 3 7.0w , 4 6.0w

Texan 11 8.5, 12 7.5

Teen-Age Romances 35 6.0w, 38 6.5w, 31 4.0w

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 8 8.0,

If you prefer I not notify this group when more Baker come back please let me know. thanks! Craig

I just got back another 60 Sixth Street books from CGC (another 60 on the way next week I hope) and this group had 16 Baker books in it. I am not offering them for sale here and will only sell them on Ebay where they should start going up within a week mixed with the other books that came in - user name Lexcorp1. 'w' indicates a grade of White Pages

True Love Pictorial 6 5.0w, 8 5.5w, 11 6.5w, 7 8.0w,

Crown Comics 7 7.0

Blue Ribbon 5 7.0

Teen-Age Temptations 2 7.5w, 5 6.0w, 3 7.0w , 4 6.0w

Texan 11 8.5, 12 7.5

Teen-Age Romances 35 6.0w, 38 6.5w, 31 4.0w

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 8 8.0,

If you prefer I not notify this group when more Baker come back please let me know. thanks! Craig

Listing them here is helpful -- at least to me. Have you considered listing them in the sales thread on these boards? Has the advantage of avoiding eBay fees.

Yes, list them here and in the sales thread, and show us scans! However, be aware that there are people like me who will not buy an encapsulated book...no matter what it is...unless it's really cheap. Because then, I will take it out of that holder and put it in a mylar where it belongs... lol

I don't care as much about actual grades as I do about eye appeal.

Edited by tricolorbrian

Just found this in a local Phoenix comic shop. G-...$5...I couldn't resist, even though the book is a piece of garbage with all that tape on the cover...now the question is-should I put it in a mylar? :roflmao:

2lj41mo.jpg

One of my favorite covers and a tough book to find in good shape. At $5, ya did good!

Great cover! lol

Yes, list them here and in the sales thread, and show us scans! However, be aware that there are people like me who will not buy an encapsulated book...no matter what it is...unless it's really cheap...

Then, boy howdy, will you sure want to avoid that sale!