• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,544 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried to register their CGC slabbed books? It's weird, that some St.John titles are in the census, but when I create a new set, the title is not in the index. Only one title, Pictorial Romance, appears on the indexes. I've done this enough times to think what I am doing is correct. (shrug)

It was certainly strange, seeing two of my very favorite Baker covers pop up together like that only months after I let go my previous copies!

It's funny, but that seems to be exactly the way it's worked for me, on many occasions. A few months ago I sold my long-time, low grade Cinderella Love 26 (for an obscene profit, btw... ). Then, just recently, I was able to turn up that CGC 6.0 copy I found... (for an obscene amount of money). Some kind of karma happening, there.

It was certainly strange, seeing two of my very favorite Baker covers pop up together like that only months after I let go my previous copies!

It's funny, but that seems to be exactly the way it's worked for me, on many occasions. A few months ago I sold my long-time, low grade Cinderella Love 26 (for an obscene profit, btw... ). Then, just recently, I was able to turn up that CGC 6.0 copy I found... (for an obscene amount of money). Some kind of karma happening, there.

Weird, but true.

Has anybody tried to register their CGC slabbed books? It's weird, that some St.John titles are in the census, but when I create a new set, the title is not in the index. Only one title, Pictorial Romance, appears on the indexes. I've done this enough times to think what I am doing is correct. (shrug)

Have you ever tried to register Cinderella Love?

Holy catfish! The Seven Seas 4 3.0 finished at $1,553.50! :oAnother bonkers Baker auction

I just couldn't go over $1500. w/BP. I just couldn't. Not for a 3.0.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

:sorry:

I'm surprised you went even that high. A few months ago a couple of people posted their copies and I checked on eBay. This one was sitting there with a BIN of $349. Not the greatest copy but I think it's at least a 3.0. Maybe I just got lucky.

KGrHqZrIFJZS60i6oBSZWycuF4g60_57_zps11445c41.jpg

Holy catfish! The Seven Seas 4 3.0 finished at $1,553.50! :oAnother bonkers Baker auction

I'm surprised you went even that high. A few months ago a couple of people posted their copies and I checked on eBay. This one was sitting there with a BIN of $349. Not the greatest copy but I think it's at least a 3.0. Maybe I just got lucky.

That's in-freaking-credible.

How'd ya like to make an obscene profit, flipping it? :baiting:

That's in-freaking-credible.

How'd ya like to make an obscene profit, flipping it? :baiting:

I was thinking of asking Michael the same thing! lol

We've seen enough of these that I no longer consider it a tough issue:

tlp2_zpsdd30b403.jpg

I still think it's kind of tough. I've been looking around for a copy. I finally popped for Riche Muchin's copy with ... you guessed it, the always popular "archival tear seals."

The 6th st. guy also had one of these, CGC 4.0, which sold briskly for a relatively reasonable price:

tar31_zps8df44964.jpg

I did see that one and the price did seem reasonable but I have a raw copy that appears to be as nice.

We've seen enough of these that I no longer consider it a tough issue:

tlp2_zpsdd30b403.jpg

I still think it's kind of tough. I've been looking around for a copy. I finally popped for Riche Muchin's copy with ... you guessed it, the always popular "archival tear seals."

:roflmao::roflmao: Gotta love those tear seals... hopefully you negotiated on the price...

The 6th st. guy also had one of these, CGC 4.0, which sold briskly for a relatively reasonable price:

tar31_zps8df44964.jpg

I did see that one and the price did seem reasonable but I have a raw copy that appears to be as nice.

There was a horizontal tear that went half way across the back cover. If not for that, I would've been tempted by that book, too.