• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

We've seen enough of these that I no longer consider it a tough issue:

tlp2_zpsdd30b403.jpg

I still think it's kind of tough. I've been looking around for a copy. I finally popped for Riche Muchin's copy with ... you guessed it, the always popular "archival tear seals."

:roflmao::roflmao: Gotta love those tear seals... hopefully you negotiated on the price...

With Richie, it's a must!

We've seen enough of these that I no longer consider it a tough issue:

tlp2_zpsdd30b403.jpg

I still think it's kind of tough. I've been looking around for a copy. I finally popped for Riche Muchin's copy with ... you guessed it, the always popular "archival tear seals."

:roflmao::roflmao:Gotta love those tear seals... hopefully you negotiated on the price...

With Richie, it's a must!

Really makes me wonder if he does the repair work, himself... hm

More 6th st books, tonight... priced to never sell.

OMG, a shame really. Nice books, but nothing to knock your socks off. No business from me on these.

I think part of the problem is that he doesn't know which ones are the fan favorites, and which ones are just luke warm. Look at how he priced the TAT 2 and TLP 11.. then look at the prices on these ones tonight. His pricing seems to be based solely on grade and page quality. But we true fans know which ones are hot, and which ones are not, which ones hardly ever turn up on the market, and which ones do so fairly often.

Yeah, when i clicked on that $9.99 starting price the bid suddenly changed to $227. lol I still can't believe people start that stuff so early in the auction. What is the point of driving the bids up with 6 days left to go...Un-believable...what a bunch of *spoon*, *spoon*, *spoon* insufficiently_thoughtful_person...the *spoony* *spooners* :roflmao::roflmao:(tsk)

Edited by tricolorbrian

To his credit, he knew well enough to make the Teen-Age Romances 9 a standard auction, as opposed to a BIN.

But I hasten to add, I'll bet a million dollars he had more than one collector trying to get him to sell the TAR 9 privately. [glares accusingly] :taptaptap:

Yeah, but since it isn't high on my list (if it's on there at all...the list seems to have gotten buried) I didn't pay much attention or remember that...

I just meant, that's how it would've become known to collectors. I didn't mean you, personally.

[Glares at Brian accusingly] :taptaptap:

Edited by 29dukedog