• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Under Water!

120 posts in this topic

...a lot of dealers evidently do and they probably NEED to sell to Chuck. He's like Galactus... (shrug)

:o

Chuck is big, purple, and really gay looking??? hm

59938-Barneythedino.jpg

hm

That guy's tits are not big enough.

wc.gif

I truly feel bad for him but thank God for insurance and that no one was hurt.

it is a shame however that he uses this event for yet another discount. Actually, no, it is not a shame. If he chooses to discount, he needs no reason. So, and this is a first for me. I can't find any fault with this current promotion..

Wow, that was hard...

I can. It would be fine if his books were priced at market value right now and he was taking 25% off and saying take advantage of the savings and buy some to help me out. But his books are priced at 4 times market value and he's reducing them to 2.5 times FMV. How is that beneficial to a buyer? Its insulting. You'd have to be high on crack to pay those prices. Now maybe if he was gonna throw in some free crack... (thumbs u

with a little bit of luck, 100,000 or more drecky comics have now been permanently taken off the market! of course, that's only 1/30th the print run of Turok #1, so we need about 10,000 more floods like this around the country to get the rest of the 90s surplusage off the market.

in any event, assuming he doesn't have lousy insurance, I have little doubt that chuck will get far more from insurance than he paid for this inventory. it won't be his marked retail price, but it'll be a heck of a lot more than the 2 cents each he paid for most of it. expecting to get back your $5.00 sticker price for all of your 1990's overstock would be a bit much.

it is a shame however that he uses this event for yet another discount. Actually, no, it is not a shame. If he chooses to discount, he needs no reason. So, and this is a first for me. I can't find any fault with this current promotion..

Wow, that was hard...

I can. It would be fine if his books were priced at market value right now and he was taking 25% off and saying take advantage of the savings and buy some to help me out. But his books are priced at 4 times market value and he's reducing them to 2.5 times FMV. How is that beneficial to a buyer? Its insulting. You'd have to be high on crack to pay those prices. Now maybe if he was gonna throw in some free crack... (thumbs u

And why do Californians pay more for the same gas? Can you prove that the food you buy which claims to be organic (and which you pay a lot more for) is really organic?

What exactly is market value? If no one bought from Mile High, logically they wouldn't be in business. So how is that beneficial to the buyer?

I see a lot of people griping about how people are running their business. If you say let the market decide, THEN LET THE MARKET DECIDE. Chuck isn't forcing people to buy his goods after all. (shrug)

If you haven't read the story of Chuck finding the Church collection you should. Amazing story.

Yeah, I'm sure it would be an amazing story, if it were actually compiled somewhere.

What Chuckles wrote is pure fantasy, portraying himself a knight in shining armor, saving the comics from the evil, racist Devil-Churchs-from-Hell, all while not mentioning that Edgar was still alive, in a hospital.

The guy's a real piece of work.

Wow, that was hard...

And why do Californians pay more for the same gas? Can you prove that the food you buy which claims to be organic (and which you pay a lot more for) is really organic?

What exactly is market value? If no one bought from Mile High, logically they wouldn't be in business. So how is that beneficial to the buyer?

I see a lot of people griping about how people are running their business. If you say let the market decide, THEN LET THE MARKET DECIDE. Chuck isn't forcing people to buy his goods after all. (shrug)

All right I changed my mind. I'll pursue it. What you said would be fine in the context of normal business routine. But while Chuck isn't forcing anyone to buy his stuff, he has solicted everyone with the public statement of his misfortune, and this supposed sale which is supposedly going to help both me and him out if I go and buy from him. Now, when I can go to almost any other seller and buy the same book for 75% less than Chuck's triple discounted price, I find it hard to see how my going to Chuck is of benefit to me, like he said it would be. It makes me feel like Chuck thinks everybody is stupid. Would it be beneath him to actually put some of this S/A material into live auctions and truly let the market decide? To me that seems like a better idea than asking people to help out by overpaying 2 to 3 times for books which are readily available at reasonable prices elsewhere.

Wow, that was hard...

All right I changed my mind. I'll pursue it. What you said would be fine in the context of normal business routine. But while Chuck isn't forcing anyone to buy his stuff, he has solicted everyone with the public statement of his misfortune, and this supposed sale which is supposedly going to help both me and him out if I go and buy from him. Now, when I can go to almost any other seller and buy the same book for 75% less than Chuck's triple discounted price, I find it hard to see how my going to Chuck is of benefit to me, like he said it would be. It makes me feel like Chuck thinks everybody is stupid. Would it be beneath him to actually put some of this S/A material into live auctions and truly let the market decide? To me that seems like a better idea than asking people to help out by overpaying 2 to 3 times for books which are readily available at reasonable prices elsewhere.

First, Mile High has a huge eBay presence and their pricing is actually on par with other items in their category. That plus their low shipping charges actually makes them on par or lower than other eBay sellers, especially if you buy multiple items. Because of their deep inventory, a buyer IS ABLE to buy multiple items... something that not every seller is capable of providing.

Second, his mailing list is PRIVATE. I'm assuming that you somehow SUBSCRIBED to it. If you didn't and you get it as spam, that would be one thing. However, all the people who are receiving it SIGNED UP FOR IT supposedly indicating THEY WANT TO READ OR RECEIVE his updates.

He's not pleading with the internet, he is asking "his base."

Wow, that was hard...

Sadly, Chuck proves continually that Barnum overestimated by 45 seconds.....

I know they have a huge ebay presence, never said they didn't. They are running nothing in live auctions, though. Their average books are priced alright. Their Silver Age material is insanely overpriced. Its obvious. As far as his reaching out to his own base, ok, your right there-his message was reprinted in this forum. I just hope his own base doesn't want to buy a copy of ASM #1.

Okay, so I went by the thorton mega store.It was closed and I was able to get to the front door.I talked to one of the employes that worked there.He told me it occurred Friday night during a magic card tournament.The fire department was called immediatelyand although the whole store was flooded with 6 inches of water,there was minor damage to their show cases where they carry their higher priced items.They may need to be replaced the cases but all contents inside are fine.This might actually do them some good ,as this store is horribly out dated.Overall I hate for anything bad to happen to someone ,but I think Chuck may have made it sound worse then it was.

untitled.jpg

Okay, so I went by the thorton mega store.It was closed and I was able to get to the front door.I talked to one of the employes that worked there.He told me it occurred Friday night during a magic card tournament.The fire department was called immediatelyand although the whole store was flooded with 6 inches of water,there was minor damage to their show cases where they carry their higher priced items.They may need to be replaced the cases but all contents inside are fine.This might actually do them some good ,as this store is horribly out dated.Overall I hate for anything bad to happen to someone ,but I think Chuck may have made it sound worse then it was.

untitled.jpg

Chuck overstating a "problem"? :o

He would never do that. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.