• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man in Hulk? *Spoilers*

12 posts in this topic

Or is making a good Hulk movie just impossible at this point?

I would say to keep your bar for this film as low as possible and you "might not" be disappointed.

I don't have faith so I am waiting for netflix or HBO.

I've seen a couple of clunkers that I waited til HBO and I hated that I even wasted the

electricity of my TV or even my friggin' time.

Shrek 3 SUCKED!

and so did FF2!

To me, if network producers can create shows like Lost for TV

then why can't Movie makers create movies that atleast make

it to this level????

Anyway Iron Man has completely raised the bar for super hero movies

and it would take something really special to compete this summer.

I am such a big Edward Norton, maybe he can make this movie good. Or is making a good Hulk movie just impossible at this point?

Just how big an Edward Norton are you? ;)

I love that Stark appears in there. I've been saying for years (decades) that movies (and TV) should do crossovers like comics do. Of course, in recent years that has happened occasionally (usually in small ways). AvP springs to mind.

I predict a lot of superhero crossover projects in the coming decade. I also predict that most of them will be lame and poorly conceived.

I've heard Cap also makes a brief appearance in this flick. Anyhow, I'm going for free tonight (woohoo!) and am going with the same expectations I had for Ghost Rider-none! So, hopefully this will surprise me. I'm pretty excited about all of the cross-movie cameos though-don't know if we've ever seen this before.

for your viewing pleasure...

Shellhead and Ross

Smart move including Stark in the trailer since the Iron Man movie is such a big hit. The thing about the hulk, is that it's too reliant on CGI for him and he's not small, like Gollum was in LOTR. So there's a lot of Hulk to pick at. Still, I'm hoping for a good film.

"This film contain depictions of tobacco consumption"

WTF!!! When did *that* start showing up on trailers? Are they such in Hollywood now that someone can't light up without having to tell the whole world?

59922-hulk.jpg.67d5f7f1579ad4ee1cfc1f760dff1a5e.jpg

Up here they've banned cig's and cartons being displayed in plain site in all stores as of last week.

R.

Things like this make me sick. Last time I checked tobacco was still legal. If they have such a problem with it they need to work to make it illegal.

Next thing you know they will have something like, "This film contains depictions of mother Earth destroying vehicles being driven"

lol

That is rather a strange thing to point out!

On the other hand... I know (as an ex-smoker) that seeing a movie character in extreme close-up taking a long, satisfying drag and blowing out a thick cloud of beautiful blue-grey smoke that curls and hangs in the air can be rather appealing, and make me want one!

Perhaps some ex-smokers who can't handle the odd craving appreciate the warning.

Me, I'll live with it.

Now, if they actually try to prevent films from depicting smoking, that would be offensive to my 'no censorship' sensibilities, and I would get all vocal about it :)

EDIT: I expect some parents appreciate the warning too. Personally I think it's daft to try to avoid seeing certain things, but it's better to have a warning there (which keeps the zealots happy) rather than letting censorship creep in.

Things like this make me sick. Last time I checked tobacco was still legal. If they have such a problem with it they need to work to make it illegal.

Next thing you know they will have something like, "This film contains depictions of mother Earth destroying vehicles being driven"

And after that:

"This film contains images of people eating peanuts."