• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?? Supposed lost comic.

49 posts in this topic

Please don't automatically assume this guy is a scammer, as the PO does lose packages and sticky-fingered employees do steal them.

Just last night they had a USPS guy on the news who got caught with $2600 in jewelry in his pocket after ransacking some boxes.... :mad:

I think the gist of this post is that SIG CONFIRMATION should be the norm, since DC with insurance does NOT help if you once they leave the packages at the door. I recently had a package lost (my first) and guess what? No DC or insurance. I knew better. but it was a cheap package.

I think moving forward that will be my SOP of delivery.

Just last night they had a USPS guy on the news who got caught with $2600 in jewelry in his pocket after ransacking some boxes.... :mad:

Yep, and as the economy gets worse, gas prices get higher, etc., more people take to stealing, and I know I'm about done trusting these thieves with my goods.

I'd much rather pay $70 at a show, than $60 shipped, if it never ends up arriving.

Yep, and as the economy gets worse, gas prices get higher, etc., more people take to stealing, and I know I'm about done trusting these thieves with my goods.

I'd much rather pay $70 at a show, than $60 shipped, if it never ends up arriving.

I have slowed down my on-line buying to people I know and trust. Ebay dealings have dwindled down to zero lately. The last transaction I had on ebay never made it to my door.

BTW, UPS provides adhesive labels you can use with PayPal (both UPS and USPS) to print labels "FO FREE" using ups.com, usps.com or paypal.com. I've yet to pay anything above printing ink costs in getting a label on a box.

Convenient and free.

And look at that stuff Shad posted about someone at UPS stealing those Rangers jerseys destined for a charity auction? That was sick and really made me think.

This is only going to cause more people to drop online commerce, something the economy doesn't need.

What's a pain in the azz is filling out the DC form at the PO, waiting in line, and paying by hand. If you do this more than once every two weeks I think the online postage is worth it.

You do need a scale, but they can be had for very cheap. Find one on eBay. I bought a used 150 pound postal scale for $30.

You have to print out mailing labels and tape them on. You can use regular paper. They had stickers, which were great, but they cost like 3/$1 and were not worth it.

Use the most miserly settings for your black print cartridge-only print option, and buy a do-it-yourself black refill kit.

Now you are completely self-sufficient. You can even call the USPS and schedule a pickup of your packages. Personally, I like to drop them off at the PO myself. It's fun to jump the line and just drop them on the counter...I like the looks from the patrons...just smile broadly and whistle.... lol

Great info all....I will need a scale.....most of my packages aren't worth using the Flat rate box. Knowing I can print it on regular paper and tape it makes things much simpler.

I print through Paypal, that way even first class shipping (or media) gets delivery confirmation for 18 cents, and I always ship at least one box prioirity(even if I have to pay the extra) , because they pick up at my door, which is a huge savings in time (they don't let you jump the line at my PO. I never use the pressure treated labels, because it's just easier to print on paper, instead of trying to figure them out...it really is a snap. You can only print priority or express on usps.com, but Paypal makes it easier. I'm still waiting for them to do first class to Canada, but otherwise, it works well.

What does one need to print shipping labels online?

I imagine a scale. Do you need to know all the geographical zones? Are there special sticky labels you need to line up in your printer? I always figured this would be a pain in the azz....but if you can get free delivery conf.....might be worth it.

If your really cheap you can print the label right onto regular paper and tape it to the box. I bought 1,000 labels from a guy off ebay for $20.

You need:

A scale

An account

Link your ebay account to your PP account.

Or you can go to USPS and print them up on-line. Unless the insurance is more than $500 I never go to the PO anymore.

Same here - haven't been to the post office in months. I print the labels on regular paper, cut them out, and tape them to the package.

The best part is that you do the label through paypal.com, you can print out media mail labels - usps.com doesn't allow that.

But ... what if I didn't receive payment through paypal for my package, you might ask - how can I then print a shipping label? Good question, padawan - and the answer is the "PayPal MultiOrder Shipping" which is located under Tools on paypal.com. It allows you create shipping labels for anything - no matter whether it was paid through paypal or not.

What does one need to print shipping labels online?

I imagine a scale. Do you need to know all the geographical zones? Are there special sticky labels you need to line up in your printer? I always figured this would be a pain in the azz....but if you can get free delivery conf.....might be worth it.

Yes, I have a scale and whenever possible print my shipping labels online. It's now a little cheaper online as well. The main reason I bought a scale to do the shipping charges online is to avoid those seemingly endless lines at the post office.

I just walk up the counter and hand the pacage(s) to them and out the door I go.