• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To whom it may concern

77 posts in this topic

Take it to the WC...it is less rigid up there....the "Comics" forum is not here for political dissention...down here you sound like a whining whiner who thinks that you are free to speak your mind without any repurcussions....

you sir... are incorrect in your evalution of this environment... sign-rantpost.gif

Take it to the WC...it is less rigid up there....the "Comics" forum is not here for political dissention...down here you sound like a whining whiner who thinks that you are free to speak your mind without any repurcussions....

you sir... are incorrect in your evalution of this environment... sign-rantpost.gif

Then the poster should have put it in the in the water cooler and , you sir, do not what the hell you are talking about.

JD, WTF? Are you intentionally having a hissy fit trying to get banned so ya can stomp off mad? I've enjoyed your posts the last few months, but I'd suggest ya delete your most recent one above-- it'll do no good whatsoever. I'm sure the rest of us will delete our quoted replys as well... makepoint.gif

• Administrator

I'm really not sure what this whole tirade was about. There were no strikes issued. He asked me why he spent some time in the penalty box so I told him.

This reaction is totally uncalled for.

By the way, it is pretty surprising that some folks have this reaction since this stuff is pretty clearly outlined in the agreement you have to accept when you register as a member.

• Administrator
hence begs the question, "why was J.D. put in the penalty box?" confused-smiley-013.gif it's irrelevant anyway, you've already banned him. frown.gif

Normally I wouldn't get into it but you've already mentioned the reason in a previous post.

There was a post that was a blatant physical threat. One of the mods put him in the penalty box until there was a chance to read the context in which it was posted. Meanwhile, JD pm'd me and asked why he was there. By this time, he was already out of the penalty box.

I read the questionable thread and responded to let him know that it was because of the physical threat and that he shouldn't post like that even if it was a joke.

That's it. It really wasn't a big deal at all.

hence begs the question, "why was J.D. put in the penalty box?" confused-smiley-013.gif it's irrelevant anyway, you've already banned him. frown.gif

Normally I wouldn't get into it but you've already mentioned the reason in a previous post.

There was a post that was a blatant physical threat. One of the mods put him in the penalty box until there was a chance to read the context in which it was posted. Meanwhile, JD pm'd me and asked why he was there. By this time, he was already out of the penalty box.

I read the questionable thread and responded to let him know that it was because of the physical threat and that he shouldn't post like that even if it was a joke.

That's it. It really wasn't a big deal at all.

Dude obviously needed to be gone. Name calling of that nature has no business here or any place else......unless it's directed at Joe Collector.

I think that anybody with children can truly appreciate the job that the moderators are doing. It is good to know that if parents cannot monitor what their children view at ALL times while on the internet, that there are objective moderators to make sure that negative content is somewhat filtered on this forum.

Of course, you could disagree and say that you don't care because life is harsh and the internet is as good of a place as any to pick up the important lessons in life. stooges.gif

at first thought as a harmless joke but are not....... blush.gif

White Louisiana judge draws fire for Halloween costume of blackface and prison garb

DOUG SIMPSON, Associated Press Writer Monday, November 10, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(11-10) 13:19 PST NEW ORLEANS (AP) --

A white judge is under fire for going to a Halloween party costumed in blackface makeup, an afro wig and a prison jumpsuit with shackles around his wrists and ankles.

State District Judge Timothy C. Ellender's costume stereotyped blacks as criminals and convicts, said Jerome Boykin, president of the NAACP's branch in southern Louisiana's Terrebonne Parish, where Ellender's court is located.

"For a judge to take the time to paint his face black with shoe polish, put on an afro wig, a prison jumpsuit and shackles ... and walk around in public, I feel he ain't fit to be a judge," Boykin said Monday.

Ellender acknowledged that he wore the costume but said it was a harmless joke.

"It's a tempest in a teapot," he told The Courier of Houma.

Ellender did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday.

The judge agreed to meet with black activists, elected officials and clergy this week to discuss the costume, which he wore to a restaurant in Houma, about 60 miles southwest of New Orleans, Boykin said.

The black leaders will decide after the meeting whether to file a complaint with Louisiana's Judiciary Commission, which can censure and dismiss judges who violate the state's judicial code of conduct.

Ellender has been criticized in the past for keeping a shotgun in his courtroom and giving out unusual sentences.

He sentenced a man convicted of accidentally killing his best friend to regularly place flowers at the victim's grave. He sentenced a youngster with chronic speeding violations to clean up trash from a bayou using the judge's boat.