• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Flash OA

14 posts in this topic

Hi all - a friend gave this original Flash GA art to me yesterday (off his wall in his office). Unfortuneately, the issue/page number info is missing from the top.

It appears to be the last page of an issue dealing with a villain called the Fiddler.

If you know what issue this may be from the help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

oa.jpg

What size is the art?

I'm wondering if this might be Silver or Bronze Age art. I'm not too well up on the DC stuff; did they do new stories about GA characters?

The scan is a little hazy, but it looks like someone is saying "Groovy" in a bottom panel. That's not an expression I would have associated with the pre-1960s. (shrug)

What size is the art?

I'm wondering if this might be Silver or Bronze Age art. I'm not too well up on the DC stuff; did they do new stories about GA characters?

The scan is a little hazy, but it looks like someone is saying "Groovy" in a bottom panel. That's not an expression I would have associated with the pre-1960s. (shrug)

It's a Bronze page from Flash #201

C

More Info....November 1970, from the 7 page backup story "Finale for the Fiddler".

Murphy Anderson Pencils and Inks.

What size is the art?

It's a Bronze page from Flash #201

C

More Info....November 1970, from the 7 page backup story "Finale for the Fiddler".

Murphy Anderson Pencils and Inks.

Thanks you!! It is amazing that you guys can track this stuff down.

Nothing wrong with a Murphy Anderson!!!

One thing that DC did on a few occasions in the 70s was take an unpublished story from the GA and ask one of their modern artists to re-draw it because they didn't feel the original art would be well-received. I don't know if that's the case with your piece, but it could be why your friend thought it was Golden Age.

I think I got it for the right price - all I had to do was climb on a couch, take it off the wall, and put up another one of his OA pieces for him. Pretty good deal I would say.

And where does your friend live? Heck, I can bring my own level and hammer to help put up more art :)