• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you hate but everyone else seems to like?

254 posts in this topic

Had a recent discussion with a fellow collector about what titles I collect.

When he asked me whether I had any Silver Age DC, I bluntly told him I detest the things!

He coudn't beleive it.

(Can one truly be a lover of comic books and not like Silver Age DC??)

Atom Age, Bronze Age, Copper, Silver Age 'Anything BUT DC' ! Even good Modern stuff.

But Silver Age DC? :sick:(shrug):insane:

Puerile and inane stuff.

What title, character, Age, company or whatever do you hate and can't see yourself spending a cent on, that others seem to love?

Almost all the titles/storys that marvel has been putting out from the last 3 or 4 years to today...i just go to the comicstore a couple of time per month mostly to overlook.

One good thing is that i've been enjoying more and more my personal coll. and saving bucks at the same time.

Also the lack of quality in the art depart. is something that puts me off too in the modern mainstream...

regards

When he asked me whether I had any Silver Age DC, I bluntly told him I detest the things!

He coudn't beleive it.

Atom Age, Bronze Age, Copper, Silver Age 'Anything BUT DC' ! Even good Modern stuff.

Puerile and inane stuff.

What title, character, Age, company or whatever do you hate and can't see yourself spending a cent on, that others seem to love?

Green Lantern - lamest. superhero. ever. :)

this turned out to be a pretty entertaining thread. lot's of interesting choices, from Ditko to Liefield...from the Eagles to Bob Dylan...from Twinkies to Krispy Kremes...from Moon Knight to Silver Surfer...................fun stuff....

keeping my response within the bounds of the original question (what do you hate that everyone else seems to like) makes it pretty tough, due to the absolute "everyone" but based on it's obvious popularity over the past 20 years, i'd have to say Rap Music..... :sumo:

:headbang: Pretty sure you'll get a ton of agreement on these boards.

Would "Rap music" be an oxymoron?

He coudn't beleive it.

Puerile and inane stuff.

:sorry:

He coudn't beleive it.

Puerile and inane stuff.

Are you sure he's more lame than Hawkman? I suppose it could go either way. hm

Krispy Kremes.

I'm right there with you. They are too sickly sweet.

But... but.. you're from Texas. :o They should evict you from the state. You would make a good Californian. hm

Yeah ! , ....More Texan's !.... :applause::applause:..........................BH

Starbucks suks azz :applause:

Krispy Kreme donuts rule :cloud9:

How the hell can anyone hate a Twinkee (shrug)

Dude you're from Mass! The land of Dunkin Donuts on every friggin corner. That's one of the things I look forward to every year when I go up there.

Krisp Kreme...... :sick:

Not crazy about DDs either, more of a Honey Dew kind of guy

hm Only two of us don't like 1970's Kirby art and no protesters out there (unlike the Ditko haters)...maybe we're not alone then.
Mark me down.....Actually I didn't think there were too many fans of Kirby's later art. Although I've always thought that when he didn't ink his own stuff, it looked much better.

And glad to see all the Ditko haters coming out. I mentioned I didn't like him a couple years ago and got shredded! :sumo:

First Ditko, then Kiss - you're a bastiche :sumo:

hm Only two of us don't like 1970's Kirby art and no protesters out there (unlike the Ditko haters)...maybe we're not alone then.

Maybe folks were so stunned with disbelief at what they had just read that they were incapable of formulating an appropriate response?