• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you hate but everyone else seems to like?

254 posts in this topic

hm Only two of us don't like 1970's Kirby art and no protesters out there (unlike the Ditko haters)...maybe we're not alone then.

Maybe folks were so stunned with disbelief at what they had just read that they were incapable of formulating an appropriate response?

I just never liked that squiggly thing Kirby uses as his shading technique on every characters leg.

hm Only two of us don't like 1970's Kirby art and no protesters out there (unlike the Ditko haters)...maybe we're not alone then.

Maybe folks were so stunned with disbelief at what they had just read that they were incapable of formulating an appropriate response?

I just never liked that squiggly thing Kirby uses as his shading technique on every characters leg.

Kirby took a lot of maturing for me to appreciate. I really preferred his earlier work from the 40's and 50's. As the 60's progressed his artwork changed and by the 70's it was just too heavy for me to enjoy. The guy will always remain a genius on a grand scale...but 70's Kirby was to out there for me. My Kirby sweet spot is Journey Into Mystery #83-89....no one has since been able to draw such an elegant Thor.

R.

Edit: he is the master of the "layout"

Green Lantern - lamest. superhero. ever. :)

Are you sure he's more lame than Hawkman? I suppose it could go either way. hm

Those guys are pikers compared to Aquaman - even Spongebob can kick his @ss :sumo:

Those guys are pikers compared to Aquaman - even Spongebob can kick his @ss :sumo:

What'd I say yesterday?

Leave Aquaman alone!!

leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg

That made me think of something that I really, really like - that's the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes of Spongebob........, :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Ditko...

you're kind of late,

the Ditko Hate Bus was here in full effect last night...

:P

How anyone could peruse Issue #33 artwork for example and not find it brilliant is beyond me...are some people just going by covers...have the Ditko haters actually read/looked at the books artwork...his pre-Hero Sci-Fi, Monster, etc. stories/artwork are genius as well... :o

Ditko...

you're kind of late,

the Ditko Hate Bus was here in full effect last night...

:P

How anyone could peruse Issue #33 artwork for example and not find it brilliant is beyond me...are some people just going by covers...have the Ditko haters actually read/looked at the books artwork...his pre-Hero Sci-Fi, Monster, etc. stories/artwork are genius as well... :o

Well stated (thumbs u

Had a recent discussion with a fellow collector about what titles I collect.

When he asked me whether I had any Silver Age DC, I bluntly told him I detest the things!

He coudn't beleive it.

(Can one truly be a lover of comic books and not like Silver Age DC??)

Atom Age, Bronze Age, Copper, Silver Age 'Anything BUT DC' ! Even good Modern stuff.

But Silver Age DC? :sick:(shrug):insane:

Puerile and inane stuff.

What title, character, Age, company or whatever do you hate and can't see yourself spending a cent on, that others seem to love?

hm hm

What'd I say yesterday?

Leave Aquaman alone!!

leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg

Run an All Aquaman All The Time sales thread and see how it does . . . (:

It would be well stocked with all Aquaman, all of the time! :grin:

Even the Cardy covers are a tough sell . . . (:

this turned out to be a pretty entertaining thread. lot's of interesting choices, from Ditko to Liefield...from the Eagles to Bob Dylan...from Twinkies to Krispy Kremes...from Moon Knight to Silver Surfer...................fun stuff....

keeping my response within the bounds of the original question (what do you hate that everyone else seems to like) makes it pretty tough, due to the absolute "everyone" but based on it's obvious popularity over the past 20 years, i'd have to say Rap Music..... :sumo:

:headbang: Pretty sure you'll get a ton of agreement on these boards.

I don't mind rap but todays krap is just krap. Seems like every second song from all these lame azz singers has the term "shorty" in it. I mean give it rest already.

this turned out to be a pretty entertaining thread. lot's of interesting choices, from Ditko to Liefield...from the Eagles to Bob Dylan...from Twinkies to Krispy Kremes...from Moon Knight to Silver Surfer...................fun stuff....

keeping my response within the bounds of the original question (what do you hate that everyone else seems to like) makes it pretty tough, due to the absolute "everyone" but based on it's obvious popularity over the past 20 years, i'd have to say Rap Music..... :sumo:

:headbang: Pretty sure you'll get a ton of agreement on these boards.

I don't mind rap but todays krap is just krap. Seems like every second song from all these lame azz singers has the term "shorty" in it. I mean give it rest already.

Singers? You give them way too much credit.

But they sure are sweet! (thumbs u

But they sure are sweet! (thumbs u

Love that Aquagirl issue! :cool:

1. John Romita Jr. art. Horrible, amateurish trash. I avoid his stuff like the plague, unless Marvel slips it in a big name title or event like WWHulk.

2. Daredevil. Never cared for this character, never will.

3. Rush. Geddy Lee's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

(shrug)