• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have a Cigar (Dell, Goldkey, Charlton edition)

261 posts in this topic

It's pretty quiet in here.... too quiet... I'll throw up one that may not be cigar worthy, but I think is noteworthy just for the pic of the gun-toting nun! Geronimo Jones #4!

303423-gj4fsm.jpg

I like it. I'll bet six-guns to sasparillas all around that this cover/story was inspired by the Clint Eastwood film "The Beguiled," from 1971...?

Here's a Dell Giant Little Lulu On Vacation #1 in pretty nice shape. The color gloss/reflectivity is astounding... Don't yet know how to host these images in such a way that they'll show up directly in the thread, sorry...

306646-LuluVacation1.jpg.6f46f902f6440374f86328a5c463a887.jpg

Here's a Dell Giant Little Lulu On Vacation #1 in pretty nice shape. The color gloss/reflectivity is astounding... Don't yet know how to host these images in such a way that they'll show up directly in the thread, sorry...

Here's one for you.

306646-LuluVacation1.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS.......How to add image

Click on the Instant UBB Code Image( at the bottom to the right of the Instant Graemlins) then put the URL address to your image file and your image will be in your message. Hope this helps.

Rich

Araich: do you like this one better than the main "have a cigar" or the "GA only - have a cigar" ? Just curious... I myself really like the idea of more particular "HAC" ("Have A Cigar") threads... ultimately, between all of us we could create a nearly complete photo gallery of books - and probably double the server costs at Heritage while we're at it 893applaud-thumb.gif

INSTRUCTIONS.......How to add image

Click on the Instant UBB Code Image( at the bottom to the right of the Instant Graemlins) then put the URL address to your image file and your image will be in your message. Hope this helps.

Rich

Thanks for this, Rich... and big 893applaud-thumb.gif for posting my book images directly to the page!

But I know how to do the instant UBB code thingy, I think - I just don't have a site at which to post my images in the first place? Or can an URL - which I always understood to be a webpage address - also just be a location on a hard drive..? (I would guess no, unless maybe you kept your PC on and connected to the 'Net constantly...?)

I'll look into the whole thing ASAP, and figger it out - it can't be THAT hard, based on some of the gorillas on these boards who do it on a regular basis stooges.gif

Thanks again,

Garth

Araich: do you like this one better than the main "have a cigar" or the "GA only - have a cigar" ?

Actually Garth...I think it would be more accurate to say that I have a more emotional attachment to this particular thread because these are the books that I first started reading as a young whipper-snapper from CT....I did not get involved with Marvel or DC until around the age of 10 or 11...

I have very fond memories of reading Turok, Mighty Samson, Dr. Solar, Capt. Atom and many other Dell, Gold Key and Charlton titles while taking family trips to Maine....

I also sort of consider myself somewhat of a non-conformist and, more often than not, find myself likeing or doing things that are not trendy or popular by the masses...and as far as I can tell...these lines of books are not that often reprsented here because they are not "Hot"....

Ah... I see... I can empathize, as many of my favorite titles are not in the trendy section of your LCS either... things like Dennis the Menace, Little Lulu, Archie...

I do think that there are enough varying tastes among the board regulars that we could have a "have a cigar" thread for individual publishers, if not titles...

I remember reading tons of my brother's Sad Sack comics when I was a kid, along with Caspar, Archie, etc. My brother never got into superheroes (he left comics when he was still young) so the DC superhero obsession was mine alone.