• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have a Cigar (Dell, Goldkey, Charlton edition)

261 posts in this topic

Since the odds are that there are people who collect comics beyond the realm of DC and Marvel.....I would like to expound on Povertyrow's all encompassing "Have a Cigar" super thread and have a more focused thread involving only Dell, Goldkey and Charlton books....

I will start with two books that I recieved today in hopes that many others will follow..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dracula #2 = first Dracula as Superhero.

dracula2.jpg

Frankenstein #2 = first Frankenstein as Superhero.

frankenstein2.jpg

not to be a hater, but I had one of those Dracula books in my hands a few weeks ago(might of been this very issue?) and just had to pass on it. Pretty hokey stuff. Of course they can't all be gems. Nice thread idea though.

Pretty hokey stuff.

As far as the two issues I posted...I have to agree...the stories are fairly lame...but since they are both 1st appearances and origin issues (and I like the covers) they had to enter my collection... thumbsup2.gif

My first post...I've really enjoyed reading these boards for a couple of weeks. VERY informative. Here is a cover I couldn't resist. It's really hard to find the artist credit for these covers though. The artwork and story inside are drek!

589a8b5b7d050_304540-OuterLimits5.jpg.a4c35d5b343b12d838c0c336530154bf.jpg

305158-GH3.JPG
Nice Green Hornets.

This was the first complete set I owned. My Dad gave me his Green Hornet collection a loooooonnnggggggg time ago and I searched till I owned all of them. I would post some but those are in safe deposit box. thumbsup2.gif