• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug's Overstreet Market Report.

46 posts in this topic

But Winnipeg is a unique market. Dougie has a warehouse full of comics there from his distribution business. Lots of sources for cheap comics due to all the bankrupt comicshops from years past & overtaxed long time collectors from the 60s. The snow is so deep, there is not much else to do except stay warm & cosy up to a good book. juggle.gif

Another very thorough report!!! Kudos to Doug (again), for covering all aspects of the market. 893applaud-thumb.gif
Where the hell have you been? BTW...welcome back. How do you get his report? tongue.gif

I got a copy emailed to me, but I can't talk about it. Well, I can talk about 10% of it. Based on what I'm reading I wouldn't worry about a crash as far as the unslabbed market is going grin.gif

Well good, seeing as I've been saying this for a year.

Nice to see everybody asking to see this material for free rather than doing something crazy like actually purchasing a copy of the publication in which it appears smile.gif.

Arnold

That is crazy! I'll have to ask my store to order a copy....flowerred.gif

Nice to see everybody asking to see this material for free rather than doing something crazy like actually purchasing a copy of the publication in which it appears .

Arnold

Call it advertising. Certainly your magazine has more to offer than a single market report...

PM me too, please.

Nice to see everybody asking to see this material for free rather than doing something crazy like actually purchasing a copy of the publication in which it appears smile.gif.

Arnold

Are we discussing the Market Report that is printed in Overstreet 2003,

or the one that won't be printed for months in Overstreet 2004?

Yes, Napstar comes to mind

It actually raises an interesting question. When dealers submit market reports to a comics magazine or website, do those market reports become solely owned by the magazine or owner of the website?

I've never heard of a magazine paying dealers for market reports, or in Overstreet's case, paying for the valuable sales data that they base each year's price guide on. The dealers benefit from the exposure and added credibility their store/catalog/website receives when those market report are published, or when they're listed as an Overstreet Advisor.

If dealers do retain ownership of their market reports, I would think they'd be more than happy to have them published anywhere, anytime, including on these boards. It's just free advertising.