• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Previews", does anyone collect these? Great promo cards and sheets!

8 posts in this topic

I have a short box almost full of these. All like new, with whatever they orginally contained in regards to free cards, comics, promo sheets, etc. They have never been opened or read. Here are scans of three of them Great covers on all. They are for sale for two bucks a piece plus the buyer has to pay media rate postage. These are heavy books, approximately am inch thick each. All have either promo cards or promo sheets inside. Many have "Friedlander" fantasy trading cards inside as freebies. These are all mint. I obtained these "Previews" from the owner of the Friedlander fantasy trading card company. Cards in various issues range from Vampirella to The Thing (of the FF), from Tarzan to Conan. All are mint and still attached. I scanned a couple but did not want to open the books and cause creases unnecessarily. If additional scans are needed, just ask. There are a total of 15 books (13 different issues) plus two thin "order form" books.

I have the following issues:

Vol. 2, #10, October 1992 (three copies). (Friedlander/Ken Kelly fantasy cards inside all three copies)

Vol. 3, #3, March 1993 (Hologram card attached to front cover, appears to be Frankenstein, other promo cards inside)

Vol. 3, #11, November 1993 (contains a fantastic collection of promo cards and two ashcan comic books)

Vol. 4, #1, January 1994 (bunch of promo cards inside, "Grace", Motorhead and Vortex, etc.)

Vol. 4, #4, April 1994 (Chromium Conan promo cards)

Vol. 4, #5, May 1994 ("Crow" movie promo cards and Ken Kelly fantasy cards also)

Vol. 4, #7, July 1994 (cool Angels and Amazons promo sheets)

Vol. 4, #8, August 1994 (Alien/Predator Universe promo cards)

Vol. 4, #9, September 1994 (Tekno Comix promo cards)

Vol. 4, #10, October 1994 (Fantastic Joe Jusko Tarzan promo cards, and a Wolverine promo card also)

Vol. 4, #11, November 1994 (promo sheets galore)

Vol. 4, #12, December 1994 (hot, hot Vamirella promo sheet)

Vol. 5, #1, January 1995 (a bunch of promo cards, Lost Universe, etc)

All are for sale in one lot for $3.00 each (not counting the two duplicate copies), plus media rate postage to wherever you are located. I am in Ohio. That is a total of $39.00 plus postage.

Neat offering, my local comic guy at the time only dealt w/ Advance Comics catalogs. It's funny, I must have (as in, still do somewhere) every corresponding A-C catalog from that same time frame. :gossip:

Many A-Cs came bagged and included loose promo cards, mini/ashcan comics and similar, whereas these appear bound-in for the most part... :cloud9:

It's neat to revisit all the marketing, etc from that period right before the mid-90's implosion! :eek:lol

Heh...yeah, I remember those. I was part of the writing and editing "bullpen" for Preveiws back in those days (1990 - 1995). I had all my file copies until I moved in 1997...then they all got dumpstered. Wish I'd have saved 'em...!