• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theft

60 posts in this topic

Bon Scott was great, but Back in Black was the greatest album of that time period and the best that AC/DC put out. 7 of the 10 tracks are regularly played on the radio here in Dallas, which no other album can boast (except maybe Beatle's Greatest Hits).

Thunderstruck tells you all you need to know about the ladies of Texas.

Back in Black the best AC/DC album?

Boy, the heat in Texas must be frying your brain! I like Back in Black but it doesn't compare to:

High Voltage

Powerage

Let There Be Rock

Dirty Deeds

Highway to Hell

best concert I ever saw - AC/DC (with the Scorpions, before they were a glam hair metal band, opening) at a general admission show in 1979. The Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. To say Bon and the boys smoked would be a severe understatement.

Rating strip club towns is tough, since a lot of it depends on what you look for in a club...

Are you looking for eye candy? Are you looking to take someone back to your hotel? Are you looking for something to remember when you are alone back at your hotel? Are you looking to break some laws in a dark corner? Are you looking to have someone embarassed in front of a crowd of 200?

I've been in towns where the dances were fully nude arm's length away for $5 a song. I've been in towns with $20 topless dances that would make your friends think you spilled your drink... It's all in what you look for...

But off the top of my head, a few of the clubs in Austin beat anything I have seen in either Dallas or Vegas....

keithdagen wrote: Find me an AC/DC studio album with 6 equal or better tracks.

Back in Black ? Oh please.. ACDC-light smile.gif

best album hands down is Live, if you want blood ... but you asked for studio albums.

These are the runners-up, all superior to Back in Black, you asked for at least 6 equal tracks, well read on

Granted BiB is the best of the post-Bon albums, but let's face it, ACDC were best when Bon was alive and the Young brothers were hungry...

Highway to Hell

8 classic tracks

1. Highway To Hell

2. Girls Got Rhythm

3. Walk All Over You

4. Touch Too Much

5. Beating Around The Bush

6. Get It Hot

7. If You Want Blood

8. Night Prowler

High Voltage

6 classic tracks

1. It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)

2. Rock 'N' Roll Singer

3. The Jack

4. Live Wire

5. T.N.T.

6. High Voltage

and the best of all....

Let There Be Rock

7 classic tracks out of 8

1. Go Down

2. Dog Eat Dog

3. Let There Be Rock

4. Bad Boy Boogie

5. Problem Child

6. Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be

7. Whole Lotta Rosie

Oh and good call on the Scorpions best mainland-Eurpo rock band in the early 70's...Everything from Lonesome Crow to Animal Magnetism is classic, they went downhill from Blackout (1982)...

Personal favourites are Fly to the rainbow and Tokyo Tapes

Next time let's talk about early Black Sabbath and Judas Priest tongue.gif

Outstanding selections! I would put Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap on this list:

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

8 of 9 "Classic" tracks, all outstanding, with "Squealer" the weakest. "Ride On" is one of the best songs ever done, and served as Bon's eulogy.

1. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

2. Love at First Feel

3. Big Balls

4. Rocker

5. Problem Child

6. There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'

7. Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a... )

8. Ride On

9. Squealer

"Dirty Deeds Done Cheap" is actually my favorite Ac/Dc song...closely followed by 'If you want blood".

Not even Joan Jett managed to mess up 'Deeds' smile.gif

I used to have a cover of "Ride On' by French Rock group 'Trust'..a-side was a nice cover in Franglais, B-side was the song sung in French...very weird

If you're a Bon Scott fan check out his pre-Ac/Dc band 'Fraternity'..more bluesy, but the same iron-clad voice

I just can't get into any of the tracks on Let There Be Rock, and a majority of Highway to Hell does nothing for me. High Voltage is good overall, but I'm still sold on BiB as being the best.

I will say that It's A Long Way To The Top is probably my favorite AC/DC piece. Granted, Malcolm only plays one chord for 90% of the song, but damn, a bagpipe solo??? That's balls.

Sabbath -- pre- or post- Ozzy?? At one point, I've owned every album on both sides of the rift, and saw them with Ozz twice now.

Ride On is a cool track, one of the best additions to the Who Made Who compilation. I prefer Have A Drink On Me or Ozzy's Suicide Solution as a eulogy, but to each their own.

Big Balls cracks me up every time I hear it on the radio.

No - Ride On was Bon's eulogy at the memorial for him held in March 1980 in Australia (I think in Sydney, but I'm not sure).

And Big Balls is just tremendous, especially on the disc when it goes from his scream directly into Rocker.

We haven't even begun to talk about their live stuff - the live version of "The Jack" where Bon changes the words to be "she told me she was a virgin.....that f*cking whore" is just outstanding. Misogynistic to the extreme, but outstanding.

Did you guys read what happened at the Guns 'n Roses concert last week? Axl Rose is a royal c***sucker!

Which one -- the crappy sound on the opening night, or ditching the Vancouver concert?

From what I here, the new band royally sucks, and has no business touring.

Black Sabbath ??

* Sabotage

* Vol4

* Master of Reality

My top three (in any order). The minute Ozzy dyed his hair blond and started eating bats on-stage it all went pear-shaped for me...

The Rhandy Rhoads stuff is swell as well...

Volume 4 and Paranoid are my personal faves, in that order.

Ozzy's solo stuff has been hit and miss, with the Randy Rhoades albums being stunning, and Zakk's work excellent as well. This latest album had too much imput from the producer, and Zakk did not really contribute to the writing.

Some may say it's heresy, but I believe that Zakk Wylde is the best touring guitar player today.

I was refering to Axl deciding not to show up and the crowd rioting.

I went to a G&R concert in Denver in the 1990s, and Axl decided to not show up at that concert either. The band played for about 45 minutes by themselves, and then they cancelled the show. There was a near riot there too. And this was after the Montreal riot. He is a freakin' insufficiently_thoughtful_person!