• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Some nice GA & 50s stuff. Dope Slaves, rare Baker, etc.

36 posts in this topic

Weird Science Fantasy 29 - THE Frazetta cover. I looked for a while for the "right" copy. This book notoriously has "weak" blacks in the border - even a lot of the GFCs don't look pitch black, so I'm not sure if that's just how they were printed. This one has about as good of black as you'll find, and the cover is devoid of creases. The one drawback is the chip off the bottom and some tape stains around that. Call it a nice VG, asking SOLD

60320-WSF29a.jpg.2e7616d33fc80052e7ff98140d8d3bea.jpg

Zoot 7 - I think this was the first Fox GGA book. Maybe one of the Blue Beetle's beat it, but I dont know for sure and I'm too lazy to look it up.

This one's low grade and the centerfold is missing. Asking $20

:takeit:

Smart buy (thumbs u

Last one, Tip Top 43 - I'm going to call this a GD, but it's probably a little nicer. The neat thing about it is that it has WHITE pages. I've seen some similar pq on books that come out of the Southeast and they're not quite as supple as say a MH or Salida, but they're just as white. The edges have some discoloration that I think is foxing (only a millimeter or so all the way around), again going with the Southeast (hot, humid, etc). Staples are rusty. No idea what guide is on this one. I'll ask SOLD

60321-tiptop43a.jpg.2630d286b7a6410533c786734c5beda0.jpg

Teenage Diary Secrets 7 & 9 - sold as a set. These are among the top 5 rarest Matt Baker books out there, and IMHO are the two rarest. To get them as a set is essentially a unique opportunity. I bought the 9 from Harley in 1997 and had to wait until 2006 to get a 7. Michelle Nolan - who knows 50s romance better than anyone - wrote an article in CBM years ago where she actually questioned the existence of either of the two. A few months later she heard from one person who had a 9, and still no 7s at that point. That's in the setting of her surveying all the romance & Baker collectors she knew, many of whom were comletionists.

Needless to say, these are exceptionally rare.

I'm going to offer these in sort of a unique way because I actually have two copies of #7, and I'll let you pick which one you want. One copy is a GVG with some spine splitting (top split down to the top staple, and another 1 inch at the bottom). The other copy is a GD, maybe GD+ with some abrasion-type wear (doesn't really appear to be a chew, but it is similar). However, the second copy has nicer colors & paper. If you want I can send both copies and let you choose for yourself.

The 9 is a real nice VG or VG+ with OWW paper.

I'm asking SOLD for the pair (for reference I paid over $450 for my 1st copy of #7)

Per PM :takeit: 2nd copy of #7 and #9

Last one, Tip Top 43 - I'm going to call this a GD, but it's probably a little nicer. The neat thing about it is that it has WHITE pages. I've seen some similar pq on books that come out of the Southeast and they're not quite as supple as say a MH or Salida, but they're just as white. The edges have some discoloration that I think is foxing (only a millimeter or so all the way around), again going with the Southeast (hot, humid, etc). Staples are rusty. No idea what guide is on this one. I'll ask $40.

That's good price - someone should grab this. I would but I already own two. :whistle:

Teenage Diary Secrets 7 & 9 - sold as a set. These are among the top 5 rarest Matt Baker books out there, and IMHO are the two rarest. To get them as a set is essentially a unique opportunity. I bought the 9 from Harley in 1997 and had to wait until 2006 to get a 7. Michelle Nolan - who knows 50s romance better than anyone - wrote an article in CBM years ago where she actually questioned the existence of either of the two. A few months later she heard from one person who had a 9, and still no 7s at that point. That's in the setting of her surveying all the romance & Baker collectors she knew, many of whom were comletionists.

Needless to say, these are exceptionally rare.

I'm going to offer these in sort of a unique way because I actually have two copies of #7, and I'll let you pick which one you want. One copy is a GVG with some spine splitting (top split down to the top staple, and another 1 inch at the bottom). The other copy is a GD, maybe GD+ with some abrasion-type wear (doesn't really appear to be a chew, but it is similar). However, the second copy has nicer colors & paper. If you want I can send both copies and let you choose for yourself.

The 9 is a real nice VG or VG+ with OWW paper.

I'm asking SOLD for the pair (for reference I paid over $450 for my 1st copy of #7)

Per PM :takeit: 2nd copy of #7 and #9

VT lucky you!

You can't do it in the "quick reply" box unless you know what to type.

Hit "reply"

then in the toolbar on top of the text box click on the smiley face and it will expand to a menu of smileys.

click the one you want and... :acclaim: