• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think this Hulk Annual #1 PGX 9.8 will get a CGC 9.8?

54 posts in this topic

One of the most awesome hulk issues of all time (cover and story) IMO. Both are beautiful copies.

Regarding grade. Here's a comparison to a beautiful Nothland 9.6 pending sale on comiclink at $507.

Considering the UR rounded corner on the PGX vs. the 9.6, I would gladly take the 9.6 CGC for the price IMHO. CGC corners look a lot sharper from my eye. Any other thoughts?

axgubb.jpg

One of the most awesome hulk issues IMO. Both are beautiful copies.

Regarding grade. Here's a comparison to a beautiful Nothland 9.6 pending sale on comiclink at $507.

Considering the UR rounded corner on the PGX vs. the 9.6, I would gladly take the 9.6 CGC for the price IMHO. CGC corners look a lot sharper from my eye. Any other thoughts?

I'll take a raw eBay dealer copy over one in a PGX slab.

And I'm being serious. :sumo:

No PGX slabs for me. It's only CGC for me. CGC is not perfect, but mountains above anybody else especially PGX.

Isn't the seller, dizneyart, in league with PGX and one of the sellers we are supposed to look out for?

No. dizneyart is Mark Nelson. (thumbs u

Mark Wilson. ;)

Yeah...them two. (thumbs u

I thought dizneyart was Jay Parrino

No PGX slabs for me. It's only CGC for me. CGC is not perfect, but mountains above anybody else especially PGX.

I just skim past the PGX books. I just cant respect that company. And round corner on a 9.8... "Hold on ma' I just gotta grade this book and I'll be up for dinner" (9.8)..

I just skim past the PGX books. I just cant respect that company. And round corner on a 9.8... "Hold on ma' I just gotta grade this book and I'll be up for dinner" (9.8)..

Take a closer look at that URC, (There's a closeup pic of it) it's not rounded, it's nice and square. It's the shading that makes it look that way.

Take a closer look at that URC, (There's a closeup pic of it) it's not rounded, it's nice and square. It's the shading that makes it look that way.

Looked at some of the other photos. Thanks for pointing it out. Still not certain about that, but either way CGC corners are sharper IMO. :sumo:

AND they gave theirs a 9.6.

2wf8pz6.jpg

Sure would be nice to see it in hand. And they are offering FULL refund for differing grade hm

One of the most awesome hulk issues of all time (cover and story) IMO. Both are beautiful copies.

axgubb.jpg

There's definitely more art on the CGC right edge. hm

axgubb.jpg

How many Northland copies are there out in the market?

hulkann1cllarge.jpg

Jim