• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here have Action 1?

79 posts in this topic

BangZoom must have one though he's never shown it.

I believe he said he didn't have one; he only has Det 27, Adventure 40, All American 16, Batman 1, and Superman 1 ;)

He only has....what kind of collection do you call that. Without the Action 1, that collection is second rate.

the way I remember his thread is that he DOES have one but that he hasn't taken pics of it. tth2 had put a bit of a scare into him about posting big scans after he posted the AA16 scan.

naturally, will let BZ chime in, but I believe he posted that he does NOT have one...

rick

That's the way I understood it as well Rick. (thumbs u

I guess that means us "old" guys have a little left in the ole memory tank, huh :)

At 42 years old ??????????????????

well, I know mike is 44 now, and I am just a shade under 40...are you 42 P?

BangZoom must have one though he's never shown it.

I believe he said he didn't have one; he only has Det 27, Adventure 40, All American 16, Batman 1, and Superman 1 ;)

He only has....what kind of collection do you call that. Without the Action 1, that collection is second rate.

the way I remember his thread is that he DOES have one but that he hasn't taken pics of it. tth2 had put a bit of a scare into him about posting big scans after he posted the AA16 scan.

naturally, will let BZ chime in, but I believe he posted that he does NOT have one...

rick

That's the way I understood it as well Rick. (thumbs u

I guess that means us "old" guys have a little left in the ole memory tank, huh :)

I think he said that there was no Action 1 in the original owner collection he bought, but I don't think he ever denied or confirmed whether or not he had aquired one from elsewhere.... but I could be misremembering. hm

might have been in a PM then, but I am fairly certain I asked and he answered to the negative....but, don't quote me, for all I /we know, he has multiple copies :insane:

BangZoom's responses...

03/17/2007 http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1628593&Searchpage=5&Main=90179&Words=%2Baction&topic=0&Search=true#Post1628593

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

06/01/2007 http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1434375&Searchpage=4&Main=78715&Words=%2Baction&topic=0&Search=true#Post1434375

hello all...

correct me if I am wrong, but I believe BZ has confirmed he has a tec 27, but no action 1....not sure if he ever confirmed the marvel 1

rick

That particular response (concerning tec 27 and Action 1) was directed to FFB who had asked about the specifics of one particular collection I had purchased. (scratchchin-thumb)

I think he said that there was no Action 1 in the original owner collection he bought, but I don't think he ever denied or confirmed whether or not he had aquired one from elsewhere.... but I could be misremembering. hm

At any rate, the magic cabinet does not show one ... but the other books :luhv:

ComicsCabinetGA.jpg

This collection of books is staggering but I can hear them begging for mylar and full backs. :/

Greetings all.

there are a number of Board members who have an Action 1.

Jon Berk, Centaurman, eric Roberts just to name a few. There are more.

the collecteron (or someting like that) posted one not too long ago....as does ACME that has the charlie sheen 6.5 restored copy...

destroyer has one too...

Well, it's actually thecollectron. Who would call themselves "the collecteron?" That's just silly. Nope, thecollectron is a much more dignified name. :grin:

Greetings all.

the collecteron (or someting like that) posted one not too long ago....as does ACME that has the charlie sheen 6.5 restored copy...

destroyer has one too...

Well, it's actually thecollectron. Who would call themselves "the collecteron?" That's just silly. Nope, thecollectron is a much more dignified name. :grin:

(worship)

Greetings all.

destroyer has one too...

(worship)

actually, I just figured your name was Ron and you were "thecollector" ron lol

BangZoom's responses...

03/17/2007 http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1628593&Searchpage=5&Main=90179&Words=%2Baction&topic=0&Search=true#Post1628593

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

06/01/2007 http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1434375&Searchpage=4&Main=78715&Words=%2Baction&topic=0&Search=true#Post1434375

hello all...

correct me if I am wrong, but I believe BZ has confirmed he has a tec 27, but no action 1....not sure if he ever confirmed the marvel 1

rick

That particular response (concerning tec 27 and Action 1) was directed to FFB who had asked about the specifics of one particular collection I had purchased. (scratchchin-thumb)

correct, I was not refering to that... I apologize for opening my big mouth while BZ is not here to set the record straight....his call to divulge "yeah" or "nay" (thumbs u

Greetings all.

destroyer has one too...

Can we see your Action #1?

and here's a post backing up what I'm saying that he has no CAMPBELL action 1. He is (purposefully, IMO) silent on whether or not he owns one. And Rick, here you are misinterpreting his comments again :whistle::P

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Rick)

hello all...

rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bangzoom:)

That particular response (concerning tec 27 and Action 1) was directed to FFB who had asked about the specifics of one particular collection I had purchased.

gotcha... (thumbs u

Greetings all.

destroyer has one too...

(worship)

actually, I just figured your name was Ron and you were "thecollector" ron lol

I wanted to choose a geeky name and thecollectron sounded about right. No offense intended to anyone out there whose real name is thecollectron, by the way. I doubt that even a comic collector would name their child thecollectron, but maybe one of their pets.

Greetings all.

destroyer has one too...

Action1B.jpg

Greetings all.

destroyer has one too...

Action1B.jpg

(worship) Perfect copy if you ask me.

Greetings all.

destroyer has one too...

Action1B.jpg

(worship) Perfect copy if you ask me.

I agree...want to sell it thecollectron (shrug)

Thank you all for the nice compliments. I really enjoy this book and I'm pleased to have it. It has nice colors, nice pages, very solid, but it does have a very tragic flaw. The page you can see sticking out is a loose page from another copy. No restoration has been done, I just laid it in there without attaching it. I don't quite think of it as a married copy but more like shacking up with no wedding date planned. With prices the way they are now, it's unlikely I'll ever upgrade, but I'm happy with this one.

Thank you all for the nice compliments. I really enjoy this book and I'm pleased to have it. It has nice colors, nice pages, very solid, but it does have a very tragic flaw. The page you can see sticking out is a loose page from another copy. No restoration has been done, I just laid it in there without attaching it. I don't quite think of it as a married copy but more like shacking up with no wedding date planned. With prices the way they are now, it's unlikely I'll ever upgrade, but I'm happy with this one.

You should be very happy. Awesome book. And shacking up is cool too BTW :grin:

You should be very happy. Awesome book. And shacking up is cool too BTW :grin:

I would be happy as well! I would also keep it just the way it is now. ;)