• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #27 and Action Comics #1 on Ebay

24 posts in this topic

The reprints sell for very little and in the condition those are in - pretty much worthless. The fact that he doesn't identify them as reprints but DOES mention a ""1938" copyright date tells me it's a scam. He does note the dimensions of the book which he will use as his excuse for "full disclosure."

Wouldn't be surprised if he had beat them up and taped them himself just to give them a more authentic look. Too bad he can't do anything about the ridiculously white back covers. :roflmao:

The reprints sell for very little and in the condition those are in - pretty much worthless. The fact that he doesn't identify them as reprints but DOES mention a ""1938" copyright date tells me it's a scam. He does note the dimensions of the book which he will use as his excuse for "full disclosure."

Wouldn't be surprised if he had beat them up and taped them himself just to give them a more authentic look. Too bad he can't do anything about the ridiculously white back covers. :roflmao:

Thats what I was thinking from the get go. The color is great on the books and the wear doesnt relate to the damage. I figured anyone here would know better then me.

The fact that he doesn't identify them as reprints but DOES mention a ""1938" copyright date tells me it's a scam. He does note the dimensions of the book which he will use as his excuse for "full disclosure."

Yep thats seems to be the scammers new thing. "Well I disclosed the size (shrug) "

:pullhair:doh!

Well, he found a Noob with a 5 FB to buy 'em both...to the tune of $500+.

Mebbe I ought to start picking up dollar copies of the FFE's and smacking 'em around a little, lol

I hope someone contacted the bidder to alert them they are $10 reprints (shrug)

I was unable to contact the winner but at least I reported it so hopefully eBay will stop this sale.

I just contacted the winner with a link to this thread. Here is hoping they didn't already send payment :wishluck:

I hope someone contacted the bidder to alert them they are $10 reprints (shrug)

I was unable to contact the winner but at least I reported it so hopefully eBay will stop this sale.

I just contacted the winner with a link to this thread. Here is hoping they didn't already send payment :wishluck:

cool...I thought you had to contact before an auction was over.... (shrug)

I sent him a note yesterday and responded to a note asking for help today.

I told him he should contact eBay, Paypal and the seller to cancel the deal. I told him to point out that the books should have been described as coverless Famous First Editions and were mislabeled as Tec 27 and Action 1.

I also suggested he offer to reimburse the seller for the listing fees.

He said he had already sent $900 to the guy via Paypal.

I told him he should contact eBay, Paypal and the seller to cancel the deal. I told him to point out that the books should have been described as coverless Famous First Editions and were mislabeled as Tec 27 and Action 1.

Yikes! :eek:

It's so hard to believe people still fall for this type of scam.

doh!

Damn. I have to learn how to notify ebay about these things. Total fraud I would hate to see anybody out a G. I posted the books here, cuz it seemed fishy. But my lack of GA knowledge leads me here to the pro's.