• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the incredible thud

57 posts in this topic

Somewhat follow the old storyline....no new origin, banner is basically on the run when the movie starts...just different actors.

R.

Somewhat follow the old storyline....no new origin, banner is basically on the run when the movie starts...just different actors.

R.

No new origin?

First movie his father passed on genetic alteration within his dna combined with nanomed reconstructive technology bombarded by an ultra high Gamma radiation dosage.

The new movie he is a product of the same super soldier serum that changes Blonsky and controlled gamma radiation dosage self administered ( as Banner thought he was developing a cure for "something" I cant remember what, but Ross never revealed to him what he was really doing.) The whole project is super soldier serum based, this is why Ross considers banner military property.

Just got back from seeing it for a second time (we took our 2 1/2 year old this time - she LOVES the Hulk..lol) and found that I actually liked it even more this time.

I don't know why...could be cause I rewatched the 2003 version the other night and I am now much more impressed with the CGI and fights than I initially was in this new version.

Definately excited for more pieces leading up to the Avengers movie to be put into place too.

SPOILERS MAYBE

Okay, I haven't seen either Hulk movie nor read the previous threads on here about them, but today a couple of family members were telling me about Iron Man going up to the Hulk at the end of this film and saying something like, 'We should put a team together.' They were all surprised when I told them the Hulk was originally a member of the Avengers.

So, um, did this scene really take place? Is an Avengers movie in the works?

And where's my Ant Man movie? :sumo:

R.

No new origin?

First movie his father passed on genetic alteration within his dna combined with nanomed reconstructive technology bombarded by an ultra high Gamma radiation dosage.

The new movie he is a product of the same super soldier serum that changes Blonsky and controlled gamma radiation dosage self administered ( as Banner thought he was developing a cure for "something" I cant remember what, but Ross never revealed to him what he was really doing.) The whole project is super soldier serum based, this is why Ross considers banner military property.

My bad Vern, I forgot.

doh!

So, um, did this scene really take place?

Absolutely! Marvel is doing in the movies what it did in comics...creating an entire new Universe.

R.

So, um, did this scene really take place?

Absolutely! Marvel is doing in the movies what it did in comics...creating an entire new Universe.

R.

I , um , .. , er , ..agree with Roy ! ... Marvel knows what they are doing . And they have an arsenal as huge as the Marvel universe to bring to the Big screen over the next 20 - 30 years ....

I think it could have a positive impact on comic values , ...personally .....Your's truly .....

BO down 60% this weekend. that's an incredible thud. too bad- they were on a roll w/ IM.

Down 60%? The weekend's not even half over yet!

Last weekend it did $55 Million

Yesterday (Friday) it did $6.5 Million

Anyhow, regardless of how it finishes at the box office, it was still a good movie.

60586-hulk.jpg.ab1403f7b085a106a9697aeb3451ae57.jpg

BO down 60% this weekend. that's an incredible thud. too bad- they were on a roll w/ IM.

They will do alright ! . I never thought , nor many other's either thought that it was a good idea doing Hulk next . I don't know why they are so set on establishing him so much ?? There is sooo much more to the Marvel U. ..........BH

They will do alright ! . I never thought , nor many other's either thought that it was a good idea doing Hulk next . I don't know why they are so set on establishing him so much ?? There is sooo much more to the Marvel U. ..........BH

Best. Ratio. Of. Periods. To. Letters. Ever.

(worship)

Marvel has about 5000 characters, they have enough material to make movies for many lifetimes. Its a great time for a Marvel fan. I suspect they went with Hulk because he is a proven seller, previous movies and TV shows have been profitable. Marvel has a lot riding on the first few movies they produce. A bomb could set them back years, make a few winners and they can then afford the occasional flop.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A THOR MOVIE.

Do they simply ignore the first movie or is this a continuation with different actors? Never saw the first one.

^^ Consider yourself lucky!!! :thumbsup:

Down 60%? The weekend's not even half over yet!

Last weekend it did $55 Million

Yesterday (Friday) it did $6.5 Million

Anyhow, regardless of how it finishes at the box office, it was still a good movie.

sunday = friday and saturday = friday +20-25%. that's $21mm- that's slightly worse than down 60%.

Best. Ratio. Of. Periods. To. Letters. Ever.

(worship)

Thank ya Roy , thank ya vary much !

Just for that , NO ellipsis for you this time !

Man , that was HARD !! :frustrated::frustrated:

Just came back from seeing the Hulk I must be a geek, because I really liked it as did my wife. I liked the tributes to to old TV series from Bixby on My three Sons playing on the TV in Brazil to the music. I guess the Leader will be the villian in the next movie.