• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Lady What's Your Take?

24 posts in this topic

2348200707_0ffd0ccd79_b.jpg

I agree that the covers for 17, 18, and 23 are each smoking hot. However, I just picked up a high grade copy of issue #16, and the cover image (although not featuring Phantom Lady) is iconic IMO. That is one sexy image, which rivals issue #18 (although I give 18 a slight edge).

I agree that the inner page on Phantom Lady #16 is nice, but it is no where close to as hot as the chosen cover image. My most recent acquisition in pedigree:

pl16.jpg

I agree that the covers for 17, 18, and 23 are each smoking hot. However, I just picked up a high grade copy of issue #16, and the cover image (although not featuring Phantom Lady) is iconic IMO. That is one sexy image, which rivals issue #18 (although I give 18 a slight edge).

PL 16 does not have PL on the cover but for GGA it's hard to beat.

And a lot of early Police Comics.

For a character with such incredible covers, it surprises me how seldom she was utilized on the covers of the books where she was not the primary hero.

Is the Quality Police version the same character? I always thought just the name was the same - but I've never seen any of the Quality stories. (shrug)

Yep, same character - she kind of got around. She came out of the Eisner-Iger Studio that created Blackhawk and Doll Man for Quality as well. She started off a lot more tame, but Police Comics #1 is her first appearance. Her early look is below.

phantomlady2.jpg

Her Toonopedia entry details the convoluted ownership history of the character.

Phantom Lady entry at Toonopedia

Her first appearance is right on the cover of Police #1.

PoliceComics1_CGCVF75.jpg