• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 65 and 70 on ebay

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received these 2 items from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260244786524

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260244785351

The seller seems reputatable but then again what do I know. I was wondering how many staples these books should have as both mine have a single staple in the middle of the spine.

Also (and I apologize as I'm at work and will post closer images of both books later on this evening) I'm not sure, but it seems that #65 'might be' missing some pages, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone here have a copy of both books and can verify the # of pages? After checking comics.org it seems both books should have 60 pages. Does that include the cover? I assume I count both sides of the cover? ie front and back cover counts for 4 pages?

I guess that covers all that :applause:

The books should have a 12 page Superman story, 8 page Zatara, 8 page AmeriCommando, 6 page Congo Bill, 12 page The Vigilante for the 65 and 10 page Vigilante for 70 and then 65 has 2 page Jitter's Jeep and 70 has 4 page Vitamin Vic.

I guess that covers all that :applause:

The books should have a 12 page Superman story, 8 page Zatara, 8 page AmeriCommando, 6 page Congo Bill, 12 page The Vigilante for the 65 and 10 page Vigilante for 70 and then 65 has 2 page Jitter's Jeep and 70 has 4 page Vitamin Vic.

(thumbs u

Are you working on a run of Action Comics? I would be most curious to see scans of the books. (especially the #70) I only need #68 #69 #70 #87 for an unbroken run of #65 through #91 I was considering a purchase from this seller at the time he put all of these Actions up but, he failed to send me a back cover scan.

Thanks for all the replies...this really is an awesome forum for feedback.

After further inspection:

The single staple in the middle of both spines seems to be original as I don't see any other staple holes in the usual locations. Thanks thedude for that info.

After another count, all pages are present in the Action 65

I've posted some photos of both books...they're quite large...its late at night and I didn't feel like cropping them, so if anyone is interested in seeing them you can do so at this URL:

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc238/mmastran/cb/

What I thought were cut out pages in the 65 actually turned out to be a turned up edge at the bottom of one page...see photos for clearer picture.

The email of the person who I dealt with for these books is: gus@silveragecomics.com

Is this Greg Jortner?

Comicdonna, I have a run of Action. I'm adding to my original bronze age issues. I've always been a Superman nut and after these 2, this is what I have:

65, 70, 95, 106, 172, 175, 189, 191, 194, 196, 203, 208, 210, 218-850

I'm not sure when I'll call it quits....maybe from 200 up. My Superman run is more complete but that's due more to the fact there are less issues.

So, everything checks out I guess.....unless someone sees something odd in the pictures.

Anyone think I should go ahead and leave +ve feedback?