• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Please Help!!! What am I to do?

54 posts in this topic

Go outside, listen to the Red Sox game, and have a glass of wine. There's nothing you can do at this point, and it seems like everything is on the up and up with the seller, so just chill. Its all good. (thumbs u

I'm a little confused how USPS can leave a notice and then be unaddressable two hours later...

but other than that...the package IS in the system, so I would not worry. It's probably at my address anyway... :baiting:

I have had weird stuff like this happen and then **POOF** there's the book.

At 3:34 P.M. on June 15th I purchased eBay item #160248166190 for a Hulk 6 @ CGC 7.0 ( LINK ) . The seller who 100% impeccable feedback only accepted MO and personal checks; no PayPal. I didn’t have a problem with this because the book was so nice (kept in a private collection for 4 years) and the seller and I had corresponded several times before the auctions end about me winning it. Needless to say with me being called on the spur of the moment from a dealer needing help setup for the Heroes convention I wasn’t able to get the money order out until Friday (6/20/08). I knew there was 7 day deadline so I expressed mailed it to him to make sure that it got by Saturday at 3 o’clock P.M. So he shoots me an e-mail on Saturday night stating that the money order arrived and that the book is packed and will be shipped out on Monday morning. Ok. So Monday morning arrives and he shoots me a tracking number. Everything looks good until 4 o’clock today when the tracking number states: Undeliverable as Addressed, June 23, 2008, 12:30 pm, Charlotte, NC 28277. I had already noticed something was up because nothing arrived in the mail around 2:30 PM today. I was astonished to find this out. I immediately called the 1-800 USPS number where they were quite rude, but finally gave me the number to my local post office. After giving them some information they told me that currier never receive such package. The said they would check through the other mail and get back with me, and if I liked I could come by tomorrow morning. I was –through eBay- able to get in touch with the seller who seemed like a very kind guy. We reviewed the address over 3 times and my address was identical to where the package was supposed to be shipped. Evidently this wasn’t the problem. He calmed me down and told me that the package was fully insured with a tracking number so we had nothing to worry about. He said it probably would be returned to him and he would call me immediately when it arrived. USPS won’t tell me where the package is right now. I am willing to submit driver’s license, birth certificate, even blood sample to identify my name with the package so that it will not be shipped back to Massachusetts. I am kind of nervous about this whole thing, and I need some advice. I want my book that I paid for. Please help.

Carolina Comics

Could have been scanned wrong.

They should hold it for a few days before trying to deliver it again.

Check again tomorrow.

It takes 24 hours for the site to update info so if there was a data entry error it won't show the fix until the next day.

Thanks to all for your positive inputs. Here is the information. If it happens to turn up at your address as in the case of cd4ever please FedEx it my way. doh!:foryou:

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 3330 0002 0532 2319

Detailed Results:

Bullet Undeliverable as Addressed, June 25, 2008, 12:30 pm, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

Bullet Notice Left, June 25, 2008, 10:57 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

Bullet Processed, June 25, 2008, 1:36 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28214

Bullet Processed, June 24, 2008, 2:31 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152

Bullet Acceptance, June 23, 2008, 1:11 pm, CHICOPEE, MA 01020

Thanks,

CC

***All books purchased by me from now on will be shipped at my expense via FedEx Overnight.***

I read on these boards Fedex won't pay out for a collectible more than $100 even if you bought insurance for thousands.

Use registered mail for things over $500.

And add overnight express if you're in a hurry.

All they are probably going to do is make you pick it up at a depot and sign for it.

If I'm not home the one time they try to deliver they do that to me.

I'm assuming they left you the tag (and you're only panicking because you have info from the online lookup)

I hope everything works out with the USPS and you get your book... :wishluck:

On a related note, what were the odds of Mr. Roarke and Tattoo posting back-to-back messages on this thread? lol

:roflmao:

The post office doesn't have the package so it's headed back to the seller. The seller also told me he shipped it Priority Mail. Will it return to him via Priority Mail? Meaning he should receive it back within 3 or 4 days? (shrug)

CC

If they couldn't deliver it to your door they should have held on to it for a few days for you to pick-up.

What the hell is wrong with them?

The post office doesn't have the package so it's headed back to the seller. The seller also told me he shipped it Priority Mail. Will it return to him via Priority Mail? Meaning he should receive it back within 3 or 4 days? (shrug)

CC

If they couldn't deliver it to your door they should have held on to it for a few days for you to pick-up.

What the hell is wrong with them?

On a related note, what were the odds of Mr. Roarke and Tattoo posting back-to-back messages on this thread? lol

what's even funnier is if you go back to those posts and read them

in the voices of those characters like they are actually saying it.

"DA PLANE! DA PLANE!! DA PLANE!!!"

"Smiles Everyone, Smiles"

:grin:

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 3330 0002 0532 2319

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed, June 26, 2008, 7:19 pm, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152

Bullet Undeliverable as Addressed, June 25, 2008, 12:30 pm, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

Bullet Notice Left, June 25, 2008, 10:57 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

Bullet Processed, June 25, 2008, 1:36 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28214

Bullet Processed, June 24, 2008, 2:31 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152

Bullet Acceptance, June 23, 2008, 1:11 pm, CHICOPEE, MA 01020

Updated Status above. Why was it processed again back to Massachusetts? :insane:

CC