• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2008 THREAD WHO IS GOING?

170 posts in this topic

I have plane tix, but not show tix yet. I guess my appearance is pending. Looking for 1 or even 2 weekend passes (for my brother). Thanks and I hope to see everyone there.

4-days passes are sold out as well as saturday.

r u getting a dealer pass?

I know they are. That is my problem. I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and booked my flight before I got tix. I guess I am hoping some turn up somehow. Is there scalping at the show??

Look for a hotel in cities of:

Mission Valley

Pacific Beach

UTC

Northpark

Kearny Mesa

Mira Mesa

there all so close to SD, its almost silly to look for anything in SD!

I live in UTC and it I just hop on the I-5 South and I am downtown in 15 min!

Anything close to public transportation?? Cant walk a lot cause of my back. Thanks for the info!!

Check the Motel 6 in Chula Vista which is an easy ride on the trolley direct from the hotel to the convention center. I haven't checked it this year but last year there were rooms available all the way up to the show. I think it is about six miles away from the con.

Look for a hotel in cities of:

Mission Valley

Pacific Beach

UTC

Northpark

Kearny Mesa

Mira Mesa

there all so close to SD, its almost silly to look for anything in SD!

I live in UTC and it I just hop on the I-5 South and I am downtown in 15 min!

Anything close to public transportation?? Cant walk a lot cause of my back. Thanks for the info!!

Check the Motel 6 in Chula Vista which is an easy ride on the trolley direct from the hotel to the convention center. I haven't checked it this year but last year there were rooms available all the way up to the show. I think it is about six miles away from the con.

chula vista is a hole though.

I CANT BELIEVE YOU CAN SCALP TICKETS ON EBAY FOR THIS CON AND MAKE A BOAT LOT OF MONEY! :o

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? :news:

I should have scalped mine instead of selling it to gilbertotorres at face value.

wow! those tickets are selling for $200+!

my purchases will be greater so i ain't scalpin'!

thanks man.

Amazing, but for someone that wants to make enough money to pay for their own purchases next year, go ahead and buy the maximum you can well in advance. Then sell them close to the con to those that are willing to pay $300 - $400 for a full pass that you paid $75 for. I'm not gonna' do it, but I would not blame those that did. You know many are gonna' hop on this gravy train.

Already sold on Ebay: http://tickets.search-completed.ebay.com/san-diego-comic_Event-Tickets_W0QQcatrefZC12QQdfspZ1QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQflocZ1QQfromZR6QQfrppZ50QQfssZ0QQsaaffZafdefaultQQsabfmtsZ0QQsacatZ16122QQsacurZ0QQsaobfmtsZexsifQQsaslcZ0QQsaslopZ1

I'll be there from Wednesday afternoon to late Saturday afternoon. :cloud9:
(worship)
:hi: (thumbs u

(worship)
(shrug) Where will I find you now since you won't be in your regular area? There will tons of tall geeky collectors out there.

wow! those tickets are selling for $200+!

my purchases will be greater so i ain't scalpin'!

thanks man.

Amazing, but for someone that wants to make enough money to pay for their own purchases next year, go ahead and buy the maximum you can well in advance. Then sell them close to the con to those that are willing to pay $300 - $400 for a full pass that you paid $75 for. I'm not gonna' do it, but I would not blame those that did. You know many are gonna' hop on this gravy train.

Already sold on Ebay: http://tickets.search-completed.ebay.com/san-diego-comic_Event-Tickets_W0QQcatrefZC12QQdfspZ1QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQflocZ1QQfromZR6QQfrppZ50QQfssZ0QQsaaffZafdefaultQQsabfmtsZ0QQsacatZ16122QQsacurZ0QQsaobfmtsZexsifQQsaslcZ0QQsaslopZ1

Actually, I would blame those that hop on this gravy train. This hobby already has plenty of outlets for greed without bringing in the element of ticket scalping. Shame on everyone who's doing that. They are truly a bunch of @$$holes, in my ever humble opinion.

(worship)
(shrug) Where will I find you now since you won't be in your regular area? There will tons of tall geeky collectors out there.

But as tall and as geeky? hm